c200 w202 hunting on idle and stuttering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr B.

Car
c 200 sport
help i have a c 200 w202 it is hunting on idle and then when i go to drive off it stutters and feels like its holding back the the car will go , can anyone help

Sounds like it could be the MAF, but if you need to get the codes read Autotechnics at Loddon are the people to take it to, they correctly diagnosed my problems for about £60 and no rip off!

Sounds like it could be the MAF, but if you need to get the codes read Autotechnics at Loddon are the people to take it to, they correctly diagnosed my problems for about £60 and no rip off!

took it to a mate today who works for audi he changed the plugs and ht leads and thinks its the coil pack breaking down,:confused: would that make it run like that as well

I had a coil go on mine the other week you could tell it was miss fire but when reved above idle it felt like it was hunting or gasping for air.

Run it at high revs for a while and check the plugs if one is a bit sooty then swap the coils around clean the plug and try again if there is an alternate plug that is now sooty then you will have isolated and found the faulty coil.

If there is no differnce in the plugs then your issue/problem may lie elsewhere.

Just unplug each coil pack one at a time whilst its idling. If there is a difference then you know that pack is fine but if it makes no difference then you have found a duff coil pack.

Keith

Keith I did that with mine and it was really hard to disseminate the faulty coil as the idle speed didn't change that much as the coil pack was actually miss fireing as opposed to not working at all. likewise when I increased the rpm - it sounds like this may have a coil doing the same ????

when i take the car to high revs it starts to miss fire , even after new plugs and ht leads

Yep mine did that have you checked the plugs for one that might be sooty as opposed to nice and clean, easy to spot with new plugs as I changed mine as a first try at a fix?

Yep mine did that have you checked the plugs for one that might be sooty as opposed to nice and clean, easy to spot with new plugs as I changed mine as a first try at a fix?

havent done that but will when it stops raining. ill let you know if its that aswell

Have you fitted the correct plugs into the car… no idea what yours should be.

Dec

Have you fitted the correct plugs into the car… no idea what yours should be.

Dec

I got them from a place called lR they said they are the right ones

I was told the same thing but the turned out to be the wrong plugs.
Not saying you have the wrong plugs but check with a dealer or someone on here may know.

Dec

I was told the same thing but the turned out to be the wrong plugs.
Not saying you have the wrong plugs but check with a dealer or someone on here may know.

Dec

thanks mate i will got a mate who works at merc will ask him :thumb:

if its just cause ive got the wrong plugs in im going to be happy ,but on the other end i wont cause ive paid out for bits :wallbash::wallbash:

It is very likely to be the MAF.
Meter Pin-5 WRT Gnd, expect ~2v at idle rising to ~4.8v at full revs.

how can i tell if it is the maf, once ive done the coil pack

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom