C200K - "A" Service due.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rock

Car
Mercedes C200K
hi, my 51 reg C200k is now due for its "A" service nad has done 92k miles.

can anyone shed any light to what needs doing?

Thanks again

Essentially it's an oil and filter change, plus some additional checks.

Can be done by an independent, or by an MB dealer - some MB dealers have special rates for cars older than 6 years, so the dealer option isn't always prohibitive.

But it should be someone that knows the car - the oil type has to meet the relevant MB spec sheet.

The services alternate between A and B - so next time it will show 'Service B'. This is still an oil and filter change but it will cost more than an 'A Service' because of the additional checks included in the Service B schedule.

But there are also other items that may need doing, which are separate to the A and B services - e.g. spark plugs change, gear oil (or ATF) change, air filter, fuel filter, cabin filter, brake fluid change, engine coolant change... these all depend on when was the last time these were done. If your service book doesn't say when they were last done, the general rule is get them done anyway, just in case...

Check also here:

Mercedes-Benz ESS

Last edited:
If it says A it should be an A service but dont rely on that check your service book record.

Last edited:
do it yourself,it is hell lot cheaper.i always do my own.checklist downloadable.

Mauno ive just done my service and found it so easy. But strugling to get the sevice light off the dash. Any ideas on removing ive downloaded the correct procedure but its not reseting thanks.

Mauno ive just done my service and found it so easy. But strugling to get the sevice light off the dash. Any ideas on removing ive downloaded the correct procedure but its not reseting thanks.

What car, what year?

Hello there its a stoppy 58 111 vito traveliner who,s electronics are always playing up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom