C200K engine management light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

94mattda

SUPPORTER
Car
E220 Coupe, Porsche Boxster
Hello, my other half drove to Cornwall yesterday from Brighton with no problems. This morning he started the car and said it was lumpy/juddering and the engione managment light came on :eek:. The light is still on b ut the car is running fine now...... do you think it would be ok to drive the 280 miles home or can this cause damage.

its a W203 2000 c200k

I doubt that it would cause any damage to drive home but if you are in the AA, etc, they will come out to you with equipment to diagnose why the light is on and also be able to extinguish it if its only a glitch (though it might come on again if the underlying problem is still there)

Sometimes, the problem clears itself up and, after a few starts, the engine light goes out.

Thankyou, shall give it a go and see if it makes it home.

will be no prob.it is likely a cracked ignition coil housing causes trouble with morning humidity.if it was not replaced now its time. 20-30£ * 4. do you need help?

Had the codes read today at a local indie in hove, free of charge which was nice, missfire on cylinder 1, garage cleared the teh faults and said if it comes on again he wopuld swap the coil packs over and see if it reccurs and then would know if its the coil packs.... very nice guy and very helpful.

Mauno..... think you were spot on as it was only in the morning and it drove the 288 milkes home no problem....cheers

I have the same car,had the same fault.Replace all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom