C200k lacking power and trying to stall on pull away

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C200Kompy

Car
C200K
Hello all,

Looking for a little help.

On my C200k 2.0 CL203 or W203 2002 the engine management light appeared a few weeks ago, so I bought an OBDII scanner and cleared the code which was P0101 I have just replaced the MAF but during this period of time a new fault developed recently which was either a P0235 or P0234 (whichever one it's the Supercharger Circuit malfunction) does anyone know if this fault could be caused by the faulty MAF. I have cleared the faults down but the P023x comes back after about 3 or 4 days. The car is an auto and it fluffs a little when pulling away, seems fine up to about 4grand and then hiccups a bit and carries on accelerating but it feels like i'm down to about 120bhp instead of the 165 i'm used to.

If anyone has any ideas I would very much appreciate it?

Kind regards

Nathan

The answer is to get a proper Star diagnostic otherwise you will be guessing and throwing parts at the problem. OBD diagnostics are limited in scope plus it is often the knowledge to interpret the code rather than just the code itself that is important.

A Star could be connected and used to acquire live data to help pinpoint the issue.

Do you have a local MB Independant you could ask to diagnose the problem?

Star

Hi,

I do have an Indy nearby i'll drop it in sometime next week. It just seemed odd that the problem only appeared after the MAF sensor problem.

Thank you for the advice. If you can think of any little tests I can try in the meantime I will happily try them out.

Thanks again Nathan

Nathan

Firstly, welcome, sorry I missed it was your first post!

What brand of MAF was fitted? It is recommended that only OE type (usually Bosch) are used.

OBD can be very helpful but Star is so much more sophisticated in terms of falt diagnosis and will save you time and money, in the interim you could check all air hoses are all tight, no splits etc.

Let us know what you find!

Good luck.

David

Last edited:
Thank you

Thank you for the welcome. I shall have a look at the air pipes and double check they are all good. The MAF is a cheapy from the internet but it does have good reviews.....Also, I have noticed the dashboard is flickering top and bottom especially in warm weather do you think I have the oil leak from the cam that works it's way into the loom? I'm just wondering if they are connected in any way apart from the obvious.

If I find the air pipes are leaking I will be sure to let you know. I will get the Indy to check on the star machine and if necc I will get the bosch MAF.

Nathan

I would bin the cheapo MAF. They cause so many issues

p0234

Hello again,

Erm, slightly embarrassed, the code is P0234, which amongst other things suggests malfunction in the supercharger caused by a short circuit, under the front of engine (rocker cover) I have noticed oil leaking from there. Could this be dreaded oil leaking into the loom? Bearing in mind it's a C200k 2.0 would that be the cam sensor under there? I haven't had time to have a proper look yet.

I have noted the cheap MAF sensor and will replace that to see what occurs. More dollar :-(

Regards and thanks again.

Solved

Hello all. I have replaced a split rubber seal between the MAF and the pipe to the front of that, also had lots of oil in the plug which connects to the cam sensor which has been cleaned out and so far so good. Took it for a drive round the block and seems ok. Will report back if any problems. Will also try putting the old OEM MAF sensor back on now it's been cleaned but the cheapy seems to be working ok. If car carries on behaving, and the old MAF doesn't work I will treat it to a Bosch one.

thanks again to DSM and Black for your advice. A word to all searching for car problems.....use google to search for help. Bing was rubbish. Spent 2 weeks searching on bing and about 1 hr using google. Sorry bing.
Nathan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom