C200K low temp & Engine management light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poisondart

Car
C200K
Hi!

Newbie here. Just picked up a 2004 C200K and wanted some advice. Main car is a Volvo XC90 which is..., well, a lot of fun!

C200K is very clean, but on drive home, I noticed a few little things. The temp gauge - the max temp it reached was 60 C - surely too low? From reading on here it should be 80-90C, so question is, is it a thermostat issue?

Also, driving around town the car was fine, but on drive home (motorway) engine management light came on, but car is still driving fine.

Would the EM light and the low temp on temp gauge be related?

This is my first Mercedes, so have no idea about them.

Any advice greatly received!
Col

Hi!

Newbie here. Just picked up a 2004 C200K and wanted some advice. Main car is a Volvo XC90 which is..., well, a lot of fun!

C200K is very clean, but on drive home, I noticed a few little things. The temp gauge - the max temp it reached was 60 C - surely too low? From reading on here it should be 80-90C, so question is, is it a thermostat issue?

Also, driving around town the car was fine, but on drive home (motorway) engine management light came on, but car is still driving fine.

Would the EM light and the low temp on temp gauge be related?

This is my first Mercedes, so have no idea about them.

Any advice greatly received!
Col

Ok, so searching around, it seems that a new thermostat will correct the engine temp reading, great stuff.

What about EM light. A million and one possibilities? Or would a wonky stat generate an EM code?

The low temp will be the thermostat mine was the same , its an easy job to change it as well . Its behind the black plastic housing at the front of the engine .
The light could be any thing , youl need to heve the codes scanned

The low temp will be the thermostat mine was the same , its an easy job to change it as well . Its behind the black plastic housing at the front of the engine .
The light could be any thing , youl need to heve the codes scanned

Thankyou for that shorty, that's great. Will have thermostat replaced. Having codes read tomorrow, hopefully won't come up with anything too nasty, as she is still driving great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom