C200K nearly stalls when braking

Discussion in 'Engine' started by steve pratt, Mar 11, 2017.

1. steve pratt

steve pratt Member

Car:
    c200 kompressor estate
    Hi,
    My 53 plate C200k Automatic nearly stalls when coming to a stand still. Sometimes if i accelerate from stop and brake immediately the engine appears to hunt and oscillate for a few seconds gradually decreasing. There is also a slight vibration at tick over now when in drive but not in neutral.
    Split vacuum pipe under air cleaner was replaced recently which has solved the erratic tick over.
    Any ideas please.

2. ernie

ernie Active Member

Car:
    C Class, W205 Sport 2018
    Check the remaining vacuum pipes, particularly around the servo. Does the servo hold the vac after the engine is switched off? I.e. after say half an hour and you press the brake pedal, does it go solid after a few presses, or is it solid immediately? This might point to a faulty servo.

On the other hand, it could be something unrelated which might show up if the fault codes were checked.

Ernie

3. BlackC55

BlackC55 Authorised Forum Sponsor Authorised Forum Sponsor

Horndean, Portsmouth, Hampshire, Southsea
    Car:
    C43 AMG with a 55 engine and supercharger, E55 AMG, S500, etc
    There is also a breather pipe and a one way valve under the inlet manifold that splits. Needs a Star to read codes and data.

4. OP
    OP
    steve pratt

steve pratt Member

Car:
    c200 kompressor estate
    thanks for input. the breather pipe and valve were split and changed before Xmas which cured the erratic idle nicely. This vibration is as though the tick over in drive is too low as it disappears in neutral as the idle increases slightly. Is there any idle adjustment i can do. I cleaned the throttle body last summer but maybe an air filter change could help now?

5. ernie

ernie Active Member

Car:
    C Class, W205 Sport 2018
    As above, you really need to have the codes read. Something is wrong that is causing your idle problem and until that is done, you could be spending money unnecessarily.

Ernie