C200K Race Car Build

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kevin Bird

Car
C200K
Hi

I'm new here and hope someone can help!

I'm about to embark on race car build, if the project goes ahead I'll start a separate thread

The plan is to convert a W203 C200K (M111) to turbo. It will have a weld in cage, AP brakes, Ohlins suspension, MoTec ECU etc etc

But I need to shorten the standard diff ratio from 3.27 to 3.64 or 3.9 which I think was fitted to a non Kompressor C180 manual but I can't find a definitive list of final drive ratios any where despite hours of web searching, can anyone help?

Thanks

Last edited:
Can't help with your diff question, but good luck with the build and I look forward to the thread. Which Series or Championship are you looking at racing with?

3.91 is found in the c180, it's a small case non abs diff.

Can't help with your diff question, but good luck with the build and I look forward to the thread. Which Series or Championship are you looking at racing with?

Hopefully the Castle Combe Saloon Car Championship

In theory you could swap the 3.91 from the w202, but only if you had the half shafts and propshaft to match.

Lowest I've seen in a w203 is 3.46, which gearbox are you planning to use?
I've also found a 3.67 from a C180 W203 but a 3.91 would be preferable. I need to run the standard gearbox casing but the internals can be changed/modified

In theory you could swap the 3.91 from the w202, but only if you had the half shafts and propshaft to match.
Is it possible to swap the internals to a W203 diff casing?

I've also found a 3.67 from a C180 W203 but a 3.91 would be preferable. I need to run the standard gearbox casing but the internals can be changed/modified

Is it possible to swap the internals to a W203 diff casing?

You could swap the internals if you have the same size diff casing, depends what size diff your starting with.

You can get a 3.92 in a w210, that would be a medium case diff so should bolt straight into a w203 with that size diff.

There is also a 4.18 that came in an early w124 200d estate, but that is rarer than rare.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info and sorry for the late reply

This project is looking too difficult so I now have a C200K for sale!

It's the end of the season now - the right time to buy a ready-prepared and fully sorted car!

I'm sure if you chat to a few people who compete in that championship you'll find something for sale

Nick Froome

Reading through the rules, I would be using a w202 c250 turbodiesel. Should be able to dominate fairly easily with that.

The Castle Combe championships are pretty competitive. Great circuit, though, and one I'd love to race on again

Nick Froome

My old car, a SEAT Leon is currently quickest, it has 585bhp unfortunately no diesel is going to be competitive against it

A little off topic, but what is that car in your signature? I love that livery! Looks like DTM?

It is indeed DTM :thumb:

W201DTM25.jpg~original

W201DTM26.jpg~original

W201DTM05.jpg

My old car, a SEAT Leon is currently quickest, it has 585bhp unfortunately no diesel is going to be competitive against it

What engine does it have???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom