C200k ????

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benzakita

Car
Mercedes C200K
I bought a late 2002 c200k with only 40000 miles and fsh a couple of weeks ago, and it seems it has nothing wrong with it at all, drives like new and I love it! Thing is after browsing the forums it seems the w203 of this age has so many serious faults and problems I don't know what to think. Is it possible MB made some good ones? I heard cars with build dates after july 2002 are much better, can anyone confirm this? Thanks

I wouldn't worry... it's all statistics. Yes early w203 had more problems than the later ones - rust, cooling rad (Valeo - look it up in other posts) leaking into auto-gearbox radiator... but there are also quite a few perfectly good ones, possibly just like the one you have bagged. If it is a clean honest car you are likely to have no issues with it. Enjoy!

Yeah maybe I'm going too deep. I have checked the vin number carefully and it appears not to have a valeo rad according to posts on this site, paranoid cos Ive never spent more than a grand and a half on a car before! thanks

I used to own a 2002 C200K and the only thing that ever went wrong with it was it needed a new ignition barrel. No rust at all and no other problems. I always had it serviced at the main dealers.

Relax and enjoy! My June 2001 W203 C270 is my first MB, bought 2 years ago with 67K, one owner and full MB service history. 2 years, about 12k miles later, we still love it. OK, have had to replace bits on the front suspension to get rid of the clunking W203's are prone to, also thermostat as engine was only getting to 60C so heater was useless. Front discs/pads plus all 4 tyres (£60/corner fitted, can't complain!) are consumables, other than that she's just needed her first service in my ownership - an A which cost £173! On top of that, my trip meter is showing 3500 miles at 44mpg! The car is so easy and relaxing to drive, it's ridiculous. Recently did home (Ashford, Kent) to Kilkenny Ireland via Holyhead and was fresh as a daisy when we arrived.
As I said - relax and enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom