C200t Bas/esp

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

i8000

Car
W202 C200 T Elegance
Something odd this morning when I left for work. After starting the engine (2000 C200T) from cold, the ESP/BAS warning light remained on until I arrived at work (approx 12 miles). No loss of power, no other other instrument failures (as far as I'm aware)

This evening on way home, again, starting the car from cold, the warning light never came on (i.e. turned off after the ignition check).

I've seen a few posts describing the problem as -

1. Wiring loom (apparently a maintenenace item on the C class)
2. Brake switch
3. Battery - low voltage (I have noticed the engine struggling a bit on starting)
4. Wheel sensors.

Obviously there are some things I can check myself, but before I visit the dealers, can anyone think of anything else?

i8000 said:
Something odd this morning when I left for work. After starting the engine (2000 C200T) from cold, the ESP/BAS warning light remained on until I arrived at work (approx 12 miles). No loss of power, no other other instrument failures (as far as I'm aware)

This evening on way home, again, starting the car from cold, the warning light never came on (i.e. turned off after the ignition check).

I've seen a few posts describing the problem as -

1. Wiring loom (apparently a maintenenace item on the C class)
2. Brake switch
3. Battery - low voltage (I have noticed the engine struggling a bit on starting)
4. Wheel sensors.

Obviously there are some things I can check myself, but before I visit the dealers, can anyone think of anything else?

The brake light switch is the biggest cause, only £9 it kills the speed signal.

Malcolm

Thanks all,

Happy to report no further occurrences this morning or evening! Perhaps just a glitch.

If it occurs again, the brake light switch will be the first to be replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom