C204 250 remap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paulhick

Car
C250 amg premium sports plus
Short story- neighbour has just bought a class 220 and had a remap to bring it up to 230bhp. Got me wondering if it’s worth having my 250 done. Could get maybe 50bhp extra which would be nice but am concerned if it will put a bit of strain on engine pulleys ect.

A true 230 hp from a 220 CDI is unrealistic but realistic for a 250 CDI .

250 CDI are on the back foot a bit anyway because they are actually around 182 hp stock where as 220 CDI are around the 168 /170 factory figures .

Have you noticed any accelerator pedal lag on your 250 ?

It's your right foot putting in the request to pull out of a junction etc and it seems a few seconds till the car actually moves .

A true 230 hp from a 220 CDI is unrealistic but realistic for a 250 CDI .

250 CDI are on the back foot a bit anyway because they are actually around 182 hp stock where as 220 CDI are around the 168 /170 factory figures .

Have you noticed any accelerator pedal lag on your 250 ?

It's your right foot putting in the request to pull out of a junction etc and it seems a few seconds till the car actually moves .
Yep. Have got a definite lag. Talking to the neighbour he has ordered a controller box. He’s only had the car a couple of days and says the remap has totally transformed it but does stutter when trying to pull away quickish.
Cars booked as 201bhp not 182.

Yes 201/204 but aren't true to that and can measure as low as 172 !

Probably down to the early years injector changes from unreliable Piezo to reliable Delphi magnetic solenoid .

Yes a throttle controller will work wonders , which one did he go for ?

Not a clue what he’s ordered it’s one the remap bloke recommended. Remap bloke has got some amg wound up to 600+ bhp and says he’s put a controller on because has the same hesitation problem.

:cool:

There is accelerator pedal developer coding called "Pedalkennlinie" that remappers rarely go into .

I've a Sprint Booster myself ( the original inventor ) and found it's difference greater than the remap .

The remap before and after are both carried out in Mercedes dyno mode but returned to everything on and on the public roads I do wonder how much is reigned in by the various systems .

I would start with the throttle controller first.

I don't think you'll see 50bhp from a remap on the c250, realistically more like 20/30 and a small jump in torque. I had a Quantum remap done on mine, and its made it more sprightly without hurting the fuel economy much. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom