C204 AMG Door sills

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mikeone

Car
W204 Facelift Coupe
Hey Guys,

I Have a C204 Coupe and would like to know how I can fit the AMG door sills and plug them to a power source, I have the Light Package 876.

VIN : WDD2043021F770347

If someone already tried the mod please feel free to share your experience :D

@GLK can you help?

@GLK can you help?
As it happens, I [temporarily] run out of single malt, so yes - I can ... how did you know? o_O

Looks like it'll be possible to fit AMG illuminated door sills - see item 250 with option U25 for part numbers (7335 & 6835)

FWIW, I fitted illuminated door sills in my car, I didn't go through the whole insane OEM retrofit process, picking up the signal from door courtesy light, but I wouldn't recommend it to someone else, unless they are confident working with auto electrics, particularly as door sills are not 12V.

These files should help :cool:

W204 Door Sills Illuminated AMG.png
W204 Door Sills.png

Attachments

• 204 Electrical function schematic for symbol and ambiance illumination.pdf
    472.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 204 Install illuminated door sill AMG.pdf
    230.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 204 Interior illumination (IBL) function.pdf
    15.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 204 Overview of interior illumination (IBL) system components.pdf
    752.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 204 Remove_install cover below instrument panel (right).pdf
    142.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 204 Remove_install left front SAM control unit with fuse and relay box.pdf
    473.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 204 Retrofit illuminated door sill molding AMG.pdf
    107.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 204 Retrofit illuminated door sill molding wiring harness AMG.pdf
    485.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 204 Retrofit illuminated door sill molding.pdf
    107.5 KB · Views: 5
  • 204 Symbol and ambiance illumination, function.pdf
    170 KB · Views: 6
Following as I’ve been looking into this as I’d like them on my coupe, I’ve read of other owners lifting their original deals and there are white plugs in place beneath where an illuminated one can be connected to

There’s some for sale on here which I’m tempted by. The saloon and coupe sills obviously being a different fitment. Kleeman sell them for a silly price, not sure if there are aftermarket ones which would plug in?

Reactions: GLK
Following as I’ve been looking into this as I’d like them on my coupe, I’ve read of other owners lifting their original deals and there are white plugs in place beneath where an illuminated one can be connected to

There’s some for sale on here which I’m tempted by. The saloon and coupe sills obviously being a different fitment. Kleeman sell them for a silly price, not sure if there are aftermarket ones which would plug in?

Hey Ash was it you I saw on the A45 Thursday night by Wellingborough? sure I saw a white c63 coupe, couldn’t see the reg as it wasn’t hanging about lol ;)

If it is, then it's excellent, and a LOT simpler, than the prescribed retrofit for my car, which according to Mercedes required stripping the entire interior to a bare metal, and re-pinning some of SAM plugs, removing the battery and fuse block, etc, etc.

Needless to say, I fitted my illuminated door sills (OE) without doing all that, whilst retaining all the factory functionality, including turning off, after a set time period, with the door still open. Sometimes over-engineering is not a good thing ... ha ha :)

Hey Guys, Thanks for your answers I actually installed yesterday both of the door sills but still did not connect them, I don't want to go the OEM way that is too complicated and way to time consuming just to have the AMG logo illuminated, I think I will run cables through the door sills curtesy light and connect them to the AMG cover rails that should do it just fine and Illuminate it once open.

@GLK Do you have any advice mate before going through the process ?

Thank you

Reactions: GLK
In my case, I bought a brand new illuminated door sills kit (NOS), with full retrofit wiring harness.

I fitted power supply blocks (as the sills are not 12V) and left the rest of the harness out.

It was easy to pick ground points for each side, and then I spliced into wires going from door control modules to each door courtesy light, as its actuation is exactly the same, as door sills.
Basically, all you need is to know the wire colour for each side, and access to the door control modules.
I had wiring diagrams, but you can actually see the wires, when you remove the courtesy light.
Then it's just routing the wires from the door into the cabin, through the rubber hoses - easily done with a fishing wire.

Hey Ash was it you I saw on the A45 Thursday night by Wellingborough? sure I saw a white c63 coupe, couldn’t see the reg as it wasn’t hanging about lol ;)

Not me dude! My reg is v8 bwy cant miss it :)

In my case, I bought a brand new illuminated door sills kit (NOS), with full retrofit wiring harness.

I fitted power supply blocks (as the sills are not 12V) and left the rest of the harness out.

Do I need the Retrofit Wiring harness? Or can I just wire them to the door courtesy lights ?

Do I need the Retrofit Wiring harness? Or can I just wire them to the door courtesy lights ?
Like I said - mine (169 coupé version) are not 12V, so came with massive and heavy power supply blocks, to which the trigger 12V signal had to be delivered.
The power supply units were part of the wiring harness.

I do not know, if 204 models come with pre-wired main harness , so that the illuminated door sills can just be plugged in (seem to remember seeing something like that on YouTube a while ago), or if they require a separate power supply units. If not, and they work from 12V, then they can connected directly, I suppose.

Sorry mate I dont have any knowledge about that what I can confirm is that the door light where wired I just swiped them for an logo illuminated ones, so I guess I can just hook the sills directly to those câbles and that should work right ?

I have no clue about 12v or any technical aspect of this sorry for that. Would you be able to assist mate ?

I believe I may have some aftermarket illuminated sills for a C204 - does anyone know the measurements of their sills and I can check what I have in the cupboard?

I can mesure them actually I Bought OEM amg door sills for a very good prices so I à happy with them just need to plug them now haha

A simple bench test will reveal if they are 12V or not, then you'll know exactly how to proceed.

I bought mine at an incredible price too - about ¼ of the Mercedes original listed price. They were still in their MB box, if a bit tatty, but absolutely brand new inside, with harness sealed in plastic, and the blue protective film still on the sills. Fantastic :)

Finaly got the time to look into it was pretty easy I wired it directly to the door curtosy light but not from the door as it was a bit trick trying to reach that spot without taking the door apart so I searched the curtosy light plug in the door module and crossed the câbles with à t-shaped connector and voilà !
The rest was just a matter of passing câbles from the modules to the cabines wire it to the amg door sills and hide câbles then put everything back.

It's look amazing !

982EFCA1-2BA6-48EB-A9C9-6FBAC5178101.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom