C204 Boot not opening when popped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fidge

Car
C-Class Coupe 2016
Hi, my boot doesn't always open fully when I pop-it. There's no pattern to it, sometimes it will open all the way up, other times it will just release and sit there. This is when the car is sat level.

Anyone else had this, know how to fix it. It's just a gimmick, but I like gimmicks. :dk:

Reduce the weight of the boot lid by removing the warning triangle and see what happens.

Dec

Thank you both, reading Spitfire's thread mine has the Warning Triangle, and a Boot Lip Spoiler. It also had Metal Plates and the surround, and didn't open fully at all with those on.

It seems that it's finely balanced. I'll have a look at the spring at the weekend. :bannana:

Thank you both, reading Spitfire's thread mine has the Warning Triangle, and a Boot Lip Spoiler. It also had Metal Plates and the surround, and didn't open fully at all with those on.

It seems that it's finely balanced. I'll have a look at the spring at the weekend. :bannana:

My boot lid opened fine, until I added my own Carbon lip spoiler, it was a bit reluctant to open fully with that on until I put a bit of tension on the springs. Follow my pics in the thread link above, it really is pretty easy to sort out. :thumb:

:)

There's a spring either side. You can move it up a notch for increased tention.

It also depends if the car is on level ground or not.

Cheers for the link and info. Wondered why mine only just opened. Will increase the spring tension at the weekend. Nice guide :thumb:

I also did this yesterday. Them springs are tougher than they look lol

Cheers for the link and info. Wondered why mine only just opened. Will increase the spring tension at the weekend. Nice guide :thumb:

Just an update, I did this yesterday. It took 5 minutes and the boot pops open all the way every time now. Thanks Spitfire. :rock:

Glad to be of help ...... just pop my cheque in the post would you, chaps? :D lol

:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom