C204 C250 panoramic roof switch fell to bits

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SamwiseC250

Car
C250cdi coupe 2012
Hi all,

So the pan roof switch has been feeling flimsy and loose for a fee month's, finally a couple of days ago, the switch that operates the panoramic roof fell to bit's in my hand as I tried to shut it.

The switch needs replacing, the cover came off but a load of plastic bits and a spring fell out also.

Has anybody had this before that could help me out?
Whether I can just simply change it as it is, or if I have to take out the whole cluster the interior light and other controls are on?

Attachments

• IMG_20210408_175600.jpg
    IMG_20210408_175600.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20210408_175600.jpg
    IMG_20210408_175600.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 9
Whole panel needs replacing. I believe you can't just get the switch on its own

Whole panel needs replacing. I believe you can't just get the switch on its own
I was hoping it wasn't going to be that bad but secretly I knew it was, don't want to take it to Mercedes for it fixing but they will know what parts are needed, hate this.

I was hoping it wasn't going to be that bad but secretly I knew it was, don't want to take it to Mercedes for it fixing but they will know what parts are needed, hate this.

Same thing happened on my C204 coupe but they'd done it whilst messing around with the sunroof issue I had. They just replaced the whole panel. Must have taken them 10 minutes to do

They sell a switch repair on eBay ... it’s not genuine but you wouldn’t know as it’s really good quality and only £15

They sell a switch repair on eBay ... it’s not genuine but you wouldn’t know as it’s really good quality and only £15
Yeah I've seen a few, they all say they aren't for my car 🤷🏻‍♂️ not sure if it needs more than just the switch as a few bits fell out as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom