C205 C63 Replica (Don’t Hate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

betty02

Car
MK5 Golf GTi
Hi All,

New here but bought a CoPart project (C205 2017 C300) anyway it has front end damage so needs a front end replacement.

I love the look of the C63 bumper but appears it’s probably not a straight fit. I’ve been told it wouldn’t be possible as the coupe has a longer bonnet or something?

Just after clarification really would a bumper, wings and bonnet work? Or is there a hell of a lot more too it? Is there a C63 “style” bumper to fit the C205?

I just prefer the look and don’t worry zero C63 badges will be going anywhere near it!

I see plenty of W205 replicas but not any C205!

thanks in advance

Welcome. I can't answer your question directly, but on a general note yes there are differences between the C63 and the standard car on certain items, the way around it is usually by buying non-genuine aftermarket parts that provide the C63 look for non-AMG cars. This option will also be cheaper than the genuine items. You can get these from eBay, AliExpress, or car tuners in the UK. And, once the project is roadworthy again, don't forget to declare to your insurer all deviations from standard spec (though potentially you may only be able to get TPFT cover, depending on the damage category).

Welcome to the club betty👍

Thanks all for those welcomes! Always appreciated! I think think of a C63 look bumper, which is fine but I couldn’t find one on my searches for the C205 they all said they were for a W205 which was annoying :( I will keep looking though, again thanks for the welcomes and the info it’s much appreciated!

can’t wait to get stuck in, my first big project and love the cars so hopefully it comes out Ok!

:)

Hi All,

New here but bought a CoPart project (C205 2017 C300) anyway it has front end damage so needs a front end replacement.

I love the look of the C63 bumper but appears it’s probably not a straight fit. I’ve been told it wouldn’t be possible as the coupe has a longer bonnet or something?

Just after clarification really would a bumper, wings and bonnet work? Or is there a hell of a lot more too it? Is there a C63 “style” bumper to fit the C205?

I just prefer the look and don’t worry zero C63 badges will be going anywhere near it!

I see plenty of W205 replicas but not any C205!

thanks in advance
To save you the hassle of looking for C63 style bodywork - just so you are aware, aside from the boot lid and roof, every body panel on the W205 C63 Saloon is different to a regular W205 C class. The reason the bumper won't fit your car is as you heard, the engine bay on the C63 was extended (to accommodate the V8).

To save you the hassle of looking for C63 style bodywork - just so you are aware, aside from the boot lid and roof, every body panel on the W205 C63 Saloon is different to a regular W205 C class. The reason the bumper won't fit your car is as you heard, the engine bay on the C63 was extended (to accommodate the V8).

Im not sure thats correct that "every body panel is different" - im only aware of the wings and bonnet...

According to Chris Harris in this video......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4XUTu2lzTo&t=223s
Actually scratch that - it wasn't that video. It was this video:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hello and welcome. I'm not too sure what is the model designation for your car ie

205.0 is the saloon
205.2 is the estate
205.4 the coupe??

If that's correct, then it seems that the coupe and saloon share the same bonnet. This means the 63 AMG saloon bonnet is the same as the 63 AMG coupe bonnet

What are the first 6 of your VIN?

If I understand correctly, then the OP is asking if parts (front bumper) from a W205 will fit a C205.

But the point is that the OP also wants to fit parts from a C63 to a C300.

So there are two questions here, really:

Will parts from the Saloon fit the Copue?

And if so, will parts from a C63 fit a non-AMG car?

(Of course the easy option would have been to buy an after-market C63 Coupe replica kit, but the OP can't find any)

Hi
Being experianced in wee projects with the c class 205 saloon,here is the answers your looking for,the coupe and saloon amg line or standard are the same mould and fit each other perfectly,wings bonnet bumper.

The C63 bonnet is the same size but it wont close if fitted to an amg line car,reason for this is the front bumper has 2 little ticks in its shape around the lights,that kick back and the bonnet fits into place,if you try shut the c63 bonnet it wont close for this reason,you would have to cut those ticks off and ruin the bumper.

If you try put a C63 bumper onto an amg line it will fit till you get to the join at the wings,it kicks out a few mm,the wings need to be c63 to match up and if your changing them,change the bonnet and itll be complete C64 front end,it all fits ok adjust a couple of out of site brackets

However, you can contact Alibaba suppliers,loads of them negotiate with them and they will find a full front end for your car,no matter amg line or standard, if its just the front amg bumper your after theu will supply that also and its a perfect fit as it has the little ticks in the bumper i mentioned earlier(a real C63 bumper hood doesnt have these ticks)

Th rough price you will pay for a chinese copy back diffuser front bumper wings and bonnet in a C63 style is around £450, then the postage kills the deal,its around £450 also

on here you will find the ones against it,thats there problem,if it makes you love your car do as you please, you have nobody to answer to, just dont over spend,keep it real and do what you want.

I changed a c class 250d sport into a C63 look, with just changing the front bumper rear difuser and putting decals on it (chinese parts) it looked at a glance like the edition 1 and it fooled many people eveb though it was an oil burner,I had fun with it,im not into the speed,just the look :)

the next one I did was an amg line 220d premium plus, I bought the chinese kit,full front end rear diffuser 2021 sryle,it looks amazing and YES I badged it as C63S Wow, am I bad :cool:

No, you're not bad, but you will make a lot of spotty warm hatchchback owners very happy in the traffic lights Grand Prix.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to drive the flash without the go, and with the eBay badges even more so, but each to their own...

No, you're not bad, but you will make a lot of spotty warm hatchchback owners very happy in the traffic lights Grand Prix.

Personally, I'd be embarrassed to drive the flash without the go, and with the eBay badges even more so, but each to their own...
Could not agree more with this statement. I find it hard to believe why anyone would want to go to the trouble and considerable expense of making a car look like something it isn't - only to be rinsed by every teenager and his dog at the traffic light GP....

Could not agree more with this statement. I find it hard to believe why anyone would want to go to the trouble and considerable expense of making a car look like something it isn't - only to be rinsed by every teenager and his dog at the traffic light GP....
Just a possibility but maybe because some people just want to improve the look of their car regardless of its performance ability? Not everyone partakes in traffic light GP wif da kidz.

Just a possibility but maybe because some people just want to improve the look of their car regardless of its performance ability? Not everyone partakes in traffic light GP wif da kidz.
True but, not something i've ever understood. Buy a car, spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on add-ons to make it look like a model you could have saved the money on and bought in the first place - no logic in that? Maybe its just me.

True but, not something i've ever understood. Buy a car, spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on add-ons to make it look like a model you could have saved the money on and bought in the first place - no logic in that? Maybe its just me.
I agree with you totally. I’m just trying to see it from other peoples perspective. Everyone is different. As an example it always surprises me when you hear of a fairly wealthy person with a really bog standard (but new) car. But I guess to them a car is a car. A to B.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom