C205 C63 Replica (Don’t Hate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
True, but they don't generally try to make it look like something it's not.

True but, not something i've ever understood. Buy a car, spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on add-ons to make it look like a model you could have saved the money on and bought in the first place - no logic in that? Maybe its just me.
Totally with you on this, but.....I guess making a replica is still much cheaper than the real thing in this case. But if looks are what you want and you're not bothered about performance, it's a good option. (Notwithstanding the fact I have no idea what the Chinese parts look like in comparison to MB parts!).

True but, not something i've ever understood. Buy a car, spend hundreds or thousands of pounds on add-ons to make it look like a model you could have saved the money on and bought in the first place - no logic in that? Maybe its just me.
That we don't all think the same makes the world a more interesting place.

My W211 E320 CDI estate had the E55 front and rear bumpers fitted by the previous owner, a custom quad exhaust system and 18 inch aftermarket wheels (oh and was badgeless). Being a purist, I ordered a (made for the E320 CDI) AMG backbox from Kunzmann in Germany and got hold of some proper E55 wheels. Car was much better to look at and there is no way I could have afforded the real deal at that time.

Not sure how much use comments like why spend thousands on a replica when the real thing will cost the same when all said and done, think your forgetting the mpg, tax, insurance ect so its hardly the same cost in the end let alone running costs...

Some of the comments make people sound like there up there own a$$, if its done right and looks good then i can appreciate any car regardless of speed or what bumpers it has on from whatever model ect, if you want to do a rep then crack on its your car your money and in your head its your dream and your journey so just do you.

Just make sure you post some pics when its done.

It's the difference between puffing up a wannabe and the real thing; like eBay AMG badges on something that isn't an AMG, or putting your car on as an E350 Bluetec AMG Sport. My CLS 350 is an AMG BueEffiiciency Sport, but everybody knows it's not an AMG, and Sport is just a trim line really, so I just put it on as a CLS350. Likewise, everybody knows an SLK 55 and a CLS63 are AMGs, so I don't bother with the AMG there either.

If somebody posts something on a forum looking for opinions, some people will like it and some will not.

Last edited:
Yeah i get the badges albeit some people love the cobra reps which in reality is the same thing as putting an amg badge on but anyway in this case the OP is repairing a damaged car and specifically said the badges will be left off, some people like the look of the amg but either cant afford it or it makes no financial sense at that time in there life so its cheaper to get the cosmetic look and from there pov they can still look and admire it visually, if i owned an amg id almost admire a rep of my car as i know there looking at mine as there dream instead of putting them down, but maybe that's just me.

Nor do I; it's the eBay badging that spoils it.

This is a nice replica.

And here's a picture of me in my old AMG......
FB_IMG_1612359804102.jpg

I agree with you totally. I’m just trying to see it from other peoples perspective. Everyone is different. As an example it always surprises me when you hear of a fairly wealthy person with a really bog standard (but new) car. But I guess to them a car is a car. A to B.
There are loads of really wealthy people I know with pretty standard cars parked outside. A lot of them are my neighbours who don’t really care about cars but will spend 20k on their lawn.

There are loads of really wealthy people I know with pretty standard cars parked outside. A lot of them are my neighbours who don’t really care about cars but will spend 20k on their lawn.
Exactly my point. It’s not mandatory to like fast cars. We’re all different.

Nor do I; it's the eBay badging that spoils it.
I got a black ebay E350 badge guess I'm some kind of peasant in your eyes :rolleyes: funny how you get some people that buy an AMG and suddenly feel like there someone important that can look down on people 🤣 thanks for the slight entertainment though i just wanted to comment in the first place to let NEW people to the forum know that not everyone's sitting here judging every mod someone does/wants to do and ready to slate them for it.

I've had six AMGs, actually - three E55s, one each E63, CLS 63 and SLK55. I bought my first eight years ago.

Read post #26 again. On reflection, I was a bit sharp there, and I apologise. It's the affixing of aftermarket AMG badges, often bought off eBay, in the hope that people will think a car is what it's not, that parrticularly irritates me. Like most of us, I don't care for pretentious people, and I make no apology for that.

The fact also remains, though, that as I said, if opinions are sought some may not be complimentary.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your 6 badges of honour i hope one day ill be as special as you

Not sure how much use comments like why spend thousands on a replica when the real thing will cost the same when all said and done, think your forgetting the mpg, tax, insurance ect so its hardly the same cost in the end let alone running costs...

Some of the comments make people sound like there up there own a$$, if its done right and looks good then i can appreciate any car regardless of speed or what bumpers it has on from whatever model ect, if you want to do a rep then crack on its your car your money and in your head its your dream and your journey so just do you.

Just make sure you post some pics when its done.

Its got absolutely zero to do with looking down on people, i'm not what you'd call wealthy nor am I some kind of snob. But to me, buying a regular model car and turning it (visually) into something it never was, is pure financial folly - in my opinion.

Also, those who do go down the route of buying thousands of pounds worth of trim parts, badges and wheels clearly have the desire to actually own the real deal, so my point stands - why spend all that money when you could save it and buy (and run) one? When I bought my car in July last year, if I couldn't have afforded the particular model, then there is no way I would bought a standard model, i'd have waited until I could have afforded the genuine item, but again that's my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom