C205 C63 Replica (Don’t Hate)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can dish it out happily but you can't take it when it's other way around..

I think you're in a different thread to me. :dk:. Do you have anything useful or intelligent to add to this one?

All the comments and i don't see anyone taking your side to be honest so I'm not sure what planet your on and I'm totally calm thank you for your caring nature though its much appreciated, yes your entitled to your opinion but your opinion don't mean that person is right or wrong you jumped on the band wagon and started slating someone for modifying there car end of...

Its nothing to do with expressing there opinions what I've noticed and it only seems to be on this forum is if its not done there way then personal preference don't come into play all what happens is they get slated for it, to add you are a sidekick because you start liking comments jumping on the band wagon when 1 person takes your side, you come across as a bit of a bully so don't get upset when your getting replies back you don't like.

Funny how its only you two in this whole thread that seem to be on there high horse every other normal member here accepts and "understands" that people actually like modifying there car you two don't seem to get that, guess there's always that certain group anywhere though i guess, fortunately the majority of people still modify and personalise there car and i thank them for it because what a boring car scene we would have otherwise.

You still don't see it, so I may be wasting my time, but: have another go at post #26. Horse...Water...Drink?

Then read posts #28 and 29 again. For the last time, modified cars per se I have no problem with; as has already been said, what people do with their money and their cars is entirely up to them. What I don't care for is pretentious people, really, and that's why sticking fake badging on a car to persuade others it is something it isn't irritates me.

That's my opinion; I don't expect everybody to agree with it, I certainly don't get hot under the collar about it, and I don't care to be insulted for holding it.

You're in a rather different argument, but I don't suppose you'll see that either. You have taken offence at what you perceive to be my opinion of you, but so far as that is concerned, I could not possibly comment...

What I don't care for is pretentious people, really, and that's why sticking fake badging on a car to persuade others it is something it isn't
I don’t really see it as being pretentious. Deluded maybe. 🤪

Any wonder why the OP hasn't been back on here again with all this nonsense going on:rolleyes:

Any wonder why the OP hasn't been back on here again with all this nonsense going on:rolleyes:
Yep, she's probably thinking what the hell have I started :rolleyes:. All she said was she likes the look of the C63, can't blame her for that, and she wouldn't mind a look alike, she stated from the off, she wasn't putting AMG badges on it, can't see a problem meself. :) 👍

There's a difference between making it have the aesthetic of the model it apes (the same aesthetic that the manufacturer thought desirable) and passing it off as the model it apes (with badges). The former is to please the owner's eyes, the latter to fool onlooker's eyes. As onlookers neither should trouble us as in the former case (as outlined by the OP) it is mere choice of the owner as to how they want their car to look (it is them who see it everyday!) and in the latter - we aren't fooled.

Years ago i put a Playboy bunny sticker in my back window of my Cortina (well i was 17) Jesus the amount of playboy bunny's that used to get in my car then, i think i may get another one now.
I hope no one will mind. :cool:

All the comments and i don't see anyone taking your side to be honest so I'm not sure what planet your on and I'm totally calm thank you for your caring nature though its much appreciated, yes your entitled to your opinion but your opinion don't mean that person is right or wrong you jumped on the band wagon and started slating someone for modifying there car end of...
Wow you’re really still going on about this yeah? Mate, I really couldn’t care less if anyone takes my side or not, you seem to want to score points over me for daring to have an opinion. If you think that bothers me then you are welcome to continue to waste your time.

The facts are simple I have an opinion on this subject, I aired it, you didn’t like it - I won’t be losing any sleep over that.

Hi , well it's a little like mines bigger than yours.

I like to see a well turned out car that the owner has spent time generating a vehicle that is plesent to the eye.

I suppose we are talking about a fake car and a replica that are poles apart in all aspects.

In car terms the AC Cobra springs to mind , but these I feel generally are kit cars.( Some are good and others are not)

In my local town two fake AMG are on show and they are terrible but unless you have an interest in the Mercedes brand most people won't know the difference !

It's your money to do with as you like but why

I’d be interested to see what views are on AMG Line cars, are we trying to fool or pretend we are driving something it’s not, or are we just driving a nice looking car (in my eyes) that is exactly as MB designed and manufactured?

F5ABD650-7C02-47C5-A2AE-A5148A597FC8.jpeg

I’d be interested to see what views are on AMG Line cars, are we trying to fool or pretend we are driving something it’s not, or are we just driving a nice looking car (in my eyes) that is exactly as MB designed and manufactured?

View attachment 118796
Don't even go there........:p
Following this thread, I've been shamed into binning the AMG-badged wheels, floor mats and steering wheel on my S204. Forgive me for I have sinned🙏

Don't even go there........:p
Following this thread, I've been shamed into binning the AMG-badged wheels, floor mats and steering wheel on my S204. Forgive me for I have sinned🙏
Absolutely, I’ve just nipped out for a generic set of mats, and took the angle grinder to my alloys. Wouldn’t want to be accused of misleading anyone.

Absolutely, I’ve just nipped out for a generic set of mats, and took the angle grinder to my alloys. Wouldn’t want to be accused of misleading anyone.

Hi apart from the AMG wheels does your car shout out AMG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom