C205 Soft Aftermarket Suspension Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AliAyman

Car
Mercedes c200 coupe
Hey guys,

Just curious to know if anyone has experience with changing the stock sports suspension to something softer and more comfortable.

The suspension on my 2019 C200 coupe is way too stiff for UK roads, and I’m actually ready to sacrifice some handling and performance for more comfort.

Contacted Eibach who said their ProKit coilovers or even springs will make the car more comfortable, but I have my doubts as it will lower the car even further.

Alloys are 18” and recently ditched run flats which improved the ride quality slightly, but it’s still extremely harsh over bumpy roads causing the whole interior to rattle and you suddenly no longer feel like you’re driving a merc at all.

Any advice appreciated, many thanks.
Ali

Eibach Pro kit springs are comfortable they normally will have a nominal - 30mm lowering which means your Sport will only be lowered around 10-15mm .

On my 204 I did find out that the Eibach springs were of a thinner guage than stock .

Do the 205 have the OEM Mercedes Bilstein developed dual rate dampers ?

The early W205 saloons had an air suspension option but I think this option was withdrawn for later models. CONVERSION WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE. Mercedes in common with most car manufacturers run harder tyre pressures than load or speed requirements dictated by the tyre manufacturers to improve mileage figures so make sure you are running at the minimum recommended tyre pressures

The early W205 saloons had an air suspension option but I think this option was withdrawn for later models. CONVERSION WOULD BE VERY EXPENSIVE. Mercedes in common with most car manufacturers run harder tyre pressures than load or speed requirements dictated by the tyre manufacturers to improve mileage figures so make sure you are running at the minimum recommended tyre pressures
I have actually reduced the tyre pressures which helped slightly but again, not good enough I’m afraid.

Eibach Pro kit springs are comfortable they normally will have a nominal - 30mm lowering which means your Sport will only be lowered around 10-15mm .

On my 204 I did find out that the Eibach springs were of a thinner guage than stock .

Do the 205 have the OEM Mercedes Bilstein developed dual rate dampers ?
Cheers mate, might give the springs a try, it can’t get much worse 🤣

I’m not quite sure which dampers are on, how can I check?

Not great on the optics, but 16" wheels will pretty much sort-out the ride quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom