C207 2012 E350Cdi Sticky Parking Brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just to add, my parking brake was jammed Saturday morning for the first time since my ownership. I figured it was frozen. A bit of to-ing and fro-ing freed it. Haven't applied it since, but it's a lot warmer now.

if I had a pound for every time.....:D

There are a few reasons why this happens.

1. Poor adjustment
2. Lack of use
3. Shackle seized at the shoes.
4. The release lever is being pulled too quickly (most common)

You should always use the parking brake when parked unless you are leaving the car for a few days.
Cheers BlackC55 mine was not going out everytime but now making a conscious effort to pull it slower. So far it has worked every time :)

Yes, mine has been sticking in colder weather too. I use it instinctively and so it's not under-used. I have MB brakes ~14 months old. I've tried not to use it as much in the freezing weather but I do it out of habit.

Thanks to @BlackC55 for the tip of using the release slowly. I thought the problem was doing it TOO slowly and am trying to do it quickly to get it to unlatch. I noticed recently when moving creeping with no feet on the accelerator I'd hear a slight squeak - again, I assumed it was the parking brake and giving it a quick released seemed to stop it from happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom