C207 Aftermarket subwoofer recommendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigMark

Car
E350 CDI Blueefficiency Sport Coupe - 2009
My car has Comand but not the Logic 7 audio upgrade I'm happy with the sound quality except it needs more bass.

So has anyone added a subwoofer and amp to their C207?

Any photos of the install or advice?

My car has Comand but not the Logic 7 audio upgrade I'm happy with the sound quality except it needs more bass.

Blam or Alpine active sub. Excellent quality for the money and easy to fit.talk to Catalog

The
By active sub are you talking about the under the seat units or the box in the boot ?

Thanks
The Blam that Comand fitted to my 212 sat behind the boot panel in my case.

I was missing the HK that I'd had in my last car and this has made a huge improvement.

The other thing you do are the door speakers. Doing that next.

But the sub is a relatively easy and cheap way to make a big difference.

Always best with an enclosure but match the sub with it's interior volume...

I almost bought that one, but took a different direction at the last second.

Things that put me off were:
  • Finding a sub to suit a 0.7 CuFt enclosure that was 1 or 2 ohm to suit the amp had decided on (I'd of gone for the Pioneer TS-D10D2 10" subwoofer)
  • My car has netting and a frame in that location which is handy, but would of had to be removed.
  • I prefer a ported sub so would of wanted to add a port to it, but not sure if there would be a suitable place for it. The Pioneer strangely enough quotes the same size enclosure size for sealed or ported, and requires a 52mm x 127mm port

I haven't fitted an aftermarket amp/sub combo in any car for years but, I do know you won't go far wrong with Phoenix Gold - incredible sound quality. If it was me, i'd be getting a bandpass enclosure, 10 or 12-inch sub and a monobloc amp (did that before and it was more than enough, made me feel sick a couple of times, depending on what music I was listening to at the time :D

Amp and sub arrived today, with the wiring kit due tomorrow. Not sure if I'll put the amp in the boot or under a front seat yet as the supplied remote bass controller wire is rather short.

I need to tap into speaker wires to get a signal to the amp, if I decide to use the rear speakers how do I get access to the wires, and if I decide to use the front speakers by tapping into loom behind the stereo what colour wires am I looking for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom