C207 Coupe rear tail happy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GTT

Car
e350 cdi c207
Hi guys, just changed my suspension with some cheap coilovers but funny enough ride is not that harsh, rides very nicely, had worse in the past, front + rear coilovers, all suspension on the front brand new, arms, links, all of them, adjusted the preload on the front ARB, all good, rear is all over the place, when I do any changes over 60 mph rear feels like it wants to deliver tofu, not safe at all. Done the 4 wheel alignment, but didn't change the rear drop links. 19 wheels 8.5j square with new avon zv7 all around. Thanks for your time.

Attachments

• 290640179_721198055661491_8310539046504538076_n.jpg
    290640179_721198055661491_8310539046504538076_n.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 7
Hi guys, just changed my suspension with some cheap coilovers but funny enough ride is not that harsh, rides very nicely, had worse in the past, front + rear coilovers, all suspension on the front brand new, arms, links, all of them, adjusted the preload on the front ARB, all good, rear is all over the place, when I do any changes over 60 mph rear feels like it wants to deliver tofu, not safe at all. Done the 4 wheel alignment, but didn't change the rear drop links. 19 wheels 8.5j square with new avon zv7 all around. Thanks for your time.
Pin pointing the issue will be a challenge having changed so many components (and tyres) at the same time. If the alignment is OK then I’d be looking closely at the rear coilovers. Which manufacturer are they from and have you checked the part numbers match your specific model?

Pin pointing the issue will be a challenge having changed so many components (and tyres) at the same time. If the alignment is OK then I’d be looking closely at the rear coilovers. Which manufacturer are they from and have you checked the part numbers match your specific model?
Hi Bobby, thanks for your reply, those are Prosport, they fit perfectly as far as the mountings and hardware, must say that the shocks on the back of the car were seized, rear was very, very stiff and noisy, now it drives ok and not that jumpy and no more noises. When I do more agressive lane changes above 60+ it feels like the front response is very good, but back feels like a trailer, like it wants to drift. Thanks
Car had a very rough life and had to change many parts, in the engine bay, suspension, cracked wheels.. today I'm doing the gearbox oil as in 135k never had an oil change.

I would try different tyres on the back if you can. If it all pointing in the right direction alignment wise and the dampers actually work then it shouldn’t be that tail happy. They are set up to understeer as standard.

I would try different tyres on the back if you can. If it all pointing in the right direction alignment wise and the dampers actually work then it shouldn’t be that tail happy. They are set up to understeer as standard.
Hi there, really appreciate the help and time. Interesting is that I fitted first time the front, all good including the arb preload, car felt ok, changed the rear, shocks were seized, left the oem drop links as couldn’t find adjustable ones and went for testing, absolutely disastrous. Just a note, to have the car even with front and rear gaps front coilovers been dropped all the way down and rear all the way up, wouldn’t this affect the damping and behaviour out of the bends? As the shocks and suspension works on different load? Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom