C207 E350 coupe (2011) - oil in breather pipe seal?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

m34

Car
61' Mercedes E350
Evening all,

I've noticed some some fair amount of oil dropping down onto the driveway recently. Went looking through the engine today, and found there is some oil in the breather pipe seal, also just inside the turbo (engine air duct seal). I found there was some back pressure too. I replaced those seals 2 years ago, though I remember that the seals never seemed to fully 'seal' - they felt loose. They from a genuine mercedes dealer too.

I found some articles here about doing the PVC breather upgrade but mine seems to be metal, rather than the black box PVC.

Anyone else had the same problem? any ideas what I can potentially do to sort?

Cheers

Evening all,

I've noticed some some fair amount of oil dropping down onto the driveway recently. Went looking through the engine today, and found there is some oil in the breather pipe seal, also just inside the turbo (engine air duct seal). I found there was some back pressure too. I replaced those seals 2 years ago, though I remember that the seals never seemed to fully 'seal' - they felt loose. They from a genuine mercedes dealer too.

I found some articles here about doing the PVC breather upgrade but mine seems to be metal, rather than the black box PVC.

Anyone else had the same problem? any ideas what I can potentially do to sort?

Cheers
Yep , some oil in the pcv tube and front of turbo is common and normal for the om642 engine .Buying a new pcv tube is an option , because the internal seal doesn’t last for ever and splits .
If there is oil on the drive it could be the oil cooler seals that leak down the back of the engine ??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom