C207 E350CDI Thermostat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MRyan89

Car
E350 Cdi Coupe
Afternoon all!

New member here :) I've recently made the move over from years of BMW, to a C207 E350 Cdi coupe! I'm chuffed with the car, its uber comfy and has far more toys then the outgoing 3 series it's replaced. I've noticed my first issue with it however, the thermostat clearly needs replacing which I'm willing to DIY. My issue is struggling to find the correct part (I promise I've searched - most seem to turn up the W212 E350 job). On eurocarparts, if I put in my reg the thermostat isn't listed - however if I put in the reg of an E350 Cdi saloon of the same age I get parts. Are the two engines in any way different? From what I've read, they're both OM642 lumps? Mines the lower power variant.

Any help much appreciated, I'm looking to tackle this soon and avoid any DPF regen issues.

Thanks, Martin

Ah I've entered my VIN, apparently I have an OM642.836! The more you know. The part number for anyone reading this in the future - A 642 200 22 15. Thanks Alec!

Welcome, lovely motor the
C207 350CDI coupe. :rolleyes::D
P.S. Don't forget pics. :)

I can confirm I have a nice happy finish to this story, 90 degree coolant temps!IMG_20191113_170431.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom