C207 E500 from UAE???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristopherLembra

Car
CLS 55 AMG (current); CLK 500 (sold)
Hi all,

Im looking at a 2012 E500 with BiTurbo (300kw version). The car is imported from UAE (United Arab Emirates). Price is 21k euros, it has 55,000km on it, options are plentiful.

My question is, what is the general view on cars imported from Dubai, what to look out for and what to consider on these vehicles?

Chris

My G55 AMG is from Dubai. Only thing to mention is to triple check foglight/reverse lights etc as they will have been changed to get through the MOT. Make sure wiring has been done correctly rather than a notch job.

I've had to re do the connector on my rear fog.

Just another point to consider with a car from the UAE - is it a 'GCC Spec' car? GCC I think stands for Gulf Cooperation Council but either way, it relates to a car that was built for the Middle East Market.

A lot of crash / flood damaged cars are imported to the UAE from Japan and the US and probably other places, they are then repaired and put back on the road, these include plenty of Mercedes.

The local UAE car buying site (Dubizzle) has plenty of non-GCC cars for sale 'US spec' Japanese Import etc, I'm sure a lot of these cars are absolutely fine but you never know!

UAE cars may have hot weather damage?
Cracked plastic panels.
Any part using plastic, rubber and leather materials could be damaged from dry rot.

You need to check entire car for dodgy condition.

Sand in the engine of cars that have not had regular air filter changes , not sure how you will spot for 'sand' damage before a remote purchase .

I imported my GCC spec CLK 350 from Abu Dhabi a few years ago. They are usually top spec cars however I eventually traded mine in as the wiring insulation had become baked & brittle after hours in the heat. The hot climate, whilst good for rust prevention, fries batteries, tyres, wires etc. so would check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom