C207 intake woes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Carrotchomper

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E350 CDI coupe
Folks,

I’ve had slight issues with my ‘09 e350CDi coupe. Slight hesitation in the midrange, generally fine on full throttle but part throttle makes it flutter/misfire a bit. Had it into Indy yesterday and they stated “Turbo inlet pipe loose and air box missing 1 bolt. Advise renewing inlet pipe and inspecting seal and plastic joint”.

Fine thought I, pipe will not be much...

WRONG! £700 ish! surely there’s some other way to buy individual seals rather than the whole unit including 2 air mass sensors?!

I don’t want to blindly replace this... where do they tend to fail? I have seen the seals which attach to turbo separately. Is this just a 5min job that the garage didn’t do since it’s not part of the service? (And no críticism of that!)

went into limp mode on the way back from the garage, first time it’s done that but thankfully a restart sorted it!

Last edited:
Had a look and these seals are available separately. Both ends, main seal and breather seal.

Seal A6420940280 X2
Seal A6420940180 X1
Seal A6420940580 X1

Last edited:
You’re an absolute stair, thanks so much. Even for Merc it did seem bonkers that you could only buy the house sized bit of plastic and MAFs x2!

I’ll have a good look and clean up of the air boxes and hose assembly to see what’s what. Air leaks are annoying, only takes something tiny to knock the engine out of kilter!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom