C207 Parking Break overhaul

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGundam

Car
2012 C207 E350Cdi
cKGF1xT.jpg
Ok so mid job and can’t figure how to detach the parking brake cable from the lever.

I have a replacement in my MB kit but seems impossible to get old one off without further dismantling.

The cable needs to be completely slackened off and the shackle opens up and the pins can then be removed allowing the metal part to be removed from the cable

Ok managed to manhandle it off, was seized!

seems the springs are different for my replacement, which way does the hump go? Towards centre or out?

e7pS8mA.jpg

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ok managed to manhandle it off, was seized!

seems the springs are different for my replacement, which way does the hump go? Towards centre or out?

e7pS8mA.jpg
Keep the end hooks the same way round as the original spring. Not sure about that kink tbh.

The arch in the spring looks like it is there to clear the teeth on the adjuster. Does your car have the 'trapdoor' below the rear seat squab to access the tensioner where the handbrake cable splits to the rear wheels ?

Seems most guides have straight springs. The spring is not the adjuster end, and the adjuster is only accessible via wheel bolt hole on mine.

1617800478013.png1617800478013.png

This image would suggest you are correct , and looking at the 'Kinked' spring you have the length looks good , so as long as the humped bit does not interfere with any other part of the brake I would just fit it as you see best.

All sorted, thanks for this help everyone. Not a bad job overall but always a few bits blocking bolts etc.

Old discs were well worn and I imagine original covering over 100k miles.

ByxQGqB.jpg

umODlPM.jpg

Parking brake fixings were seized firm so had to free up the brake cable lever to allow enough movement to remove.

PxeaCJG.jpg

MRdqxLg.jpg

IFMHIie.jpg

5tjZJAf.jpg

All now replaced with MB Disc's, Pad's and Parking Brake kits.

cGjiAWu.jpg

02XyhId.jpg

kmEqjGd.jpg

For anyone else doing this it seems the now curved spring (111) sits with curve facing inward:

J0ieJHX.jpg

Hi
Did you need to adjust the cable? I need to look at mine hoping to just adjust the shoes and not have to touch the cable adjustment.

Hi
Did you need to adjust the cable? I need to look at mine hoping to just adjust the shoes and not have to touch the cable adjustment.
I adjusted the spindle until it gripped disc and then backed off a bit. Didn't adjust the cable anywhere else.

The added thickness took up any slack. Still didn't cure my slow/sticky hand break issue though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom