C207 Rear light failure

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drivebyabuser

Car
MY2013 C207 250 CGI
Back to MB ownership in the shape of a 2012 C207 250 CGI. Its all very lovely actually, however the inside rear light (the one on the boot lid) has stopped working. The unit is fine - Works on the opposite side connector, so am troubleshooting. Stripped out the carpet from the boot, and had a fiddle with the wiring looms. With a little wiggle it flashed back to life for a brief, wonderful second. Assuming a broken wire obviously

I have taken a meter to the non working lights plug and got some weird results - 12v from the brown "neutral" wire and nothing from the green and white striped (on the opposite working light brown is neutral and the corresponding green wire is showing 12v) Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the C207? Or any idea what each wire should be pumping out what voltage wise?IMG_9522.jpeg IMG_9532.jpeg

Solved this - Seems that both wires were broken. I cut them at the plug and connected the brown directly to earth (bolt by the rear fuse box) and spliced the green and white to as far down the loom as i could - Near the junction where the large loom comes from the front of the car and splits by the back seat. All works and no really annoying error message when the car starts. All the wires except brown should have 12v.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom