C207 Rear O/S Smashed Window Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Josh419

Car
C207 E350 CDI
Good afternoon,

V V long story, but it ends with me launching a fire extinguisher through my rear window on an extremely busy, narrow street, in France. Amidst the other dramas of that day, this was nothing.

Anyway, i have been searching for the past week on a detailed guide on how to remove all of the interior panels relating to replacing a smashed window with no real luck. So I just thought i'd wing it, why not, I've clearly got luck on my side so what could go wrong.

I started by removing the interior plastic upper trim, where the window switch and tweeter is, had to feed the seat belt thing through which was a fiddle but all good. Then removed the bolts through the 3 little holes in the metal, 3 bolts that were holding the triangular shaped bracket, which is all that was left of the smashed window (which then dropped down behind the door because my assistant was holding the wrong bit with long nose pliers). Then i tried to put the new window in, just leaving it up so that i could have a window and tackle the bracket/glass in the panel later. However the window really struggles to go in so I've left it in fear of smashing another!

On to why i'm posting a thread again, i can't find anything that details taking the interior metal parts out, to be able to access where the window sits between the exterior rear quarter and the interior metal.

See pic for where i'm at, there's plenty of nuts i could remove but don't want to just go mad removing them, as I've no doubt there'll also be a method to some of them.

Thanks in advance.

I've just posted this pic and a fresh look makes me think i best get started on the bottom half of this trim before i do anything else?E350CDI JW Rear Window Replacement.jpg

Good afternoon,

V V long story, but it ends with me launching a fire extinguisher through my rear window on an extremely busy, narrow street, in France. Amidst the other dramas of that day, this was nothing.

Did you have a nice holiday ?

These WIS procs may be helpful:

Attachments

• AR67.30-P-4000EC.pdf
    303.3 KB · Views: 30
  • AR67.30-P-4200EC.pdf
    291.6 KB · Views: 26
  • AR68.30-P-4780EC.pdf
    419.2 KB · Views: 24
  • AR91.45-P-1000EC.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 19
  • AR67.30-P-4200-07EC.pdf
    270.9 KB · Views: 19
Thank you, Codger, for something useful! I’ve just spent 30 mins taking everything off. Took the window reg out and I’m at the point now of putting the replacemt glass on the reg. so once I’ve done that I’ll just reverse the steps I’ve done to get to this point. Fingers crossed.

Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom