C209 CLK 55 AMG needed for magazine photoshoot

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pieman

Hi there,

Mercedes Enthusiast magazine are looking for a C209 CLK 55 AMG to shoot for a big feature in May 2015

The photoshoot will last around 4 hours and is likely to be in the Beds/Bucks/Herts/Essex area.

If you have a C209 CLK 55 AMG and would like to take part please email me at [email protected] with brief details of your car. I will be writing the feature.

Many thanks,

Guy Baker

Just my 2p's worth on these shoots.

Last year I volunteered my CLS55 AMG for one of your shoots, twice you changed the dates of the shoots without prior notice. The 2nd time you scheduelled a shoot with me, I booked the date off work and was all set to proceed.

A week before hand I had chased you a number of times for clarifcation as to the location & time of the shoot with no replies. 3 days before the shoot I had a 1 sentence email from you saying that it was no longer happening as MB couldnt supply a car, no apology or anything for wasting my time :(

I appreciate the nature of your work envolves alot of organisation, but if you have someone willing to donate their car & time, the very least you can do is keep them upto date!

Last edited:
Just my 2p's worth on these shoots.

Last year I volunteered my CLS55 AMG for one of your shoots, twice you changed the dates of the shoots without prior notice. The 2nd time you scheduelled a shoot with me, I booked the date off work and was all set to proceed.

A week before hand I had chased you a number of times for clarifcation as to the location & time of the shoot with no replies. 3 days before the shoot I had a 1 sentance email from you saying that it was no longer happening as MB couldnt supply a car, no apology or anything for wasting my time :(

I appreciate the nature of your work envolves alot of organisation, but if you have someone willing to donate their car & time, the very least you can do is keep them upto date!
Were you doing it for free too?

Yep, for free (that didnt bother me) and taking off a day aswell.

Thought it would be nice to have a professional shoot for my (then) new car.

Is the magazine given away for free? Do the photographers work for free? Do the journalists work for free?

I hired my Vw camper out to Mizz magazine which is a teenage girls magazine , they paid me £ 130 cash , fed and watered me all day 9 till 3 , that was back in 2001 !

Pieman only ever posts on here when he wants something. Just saying.

Cheers,

Gaz

What a great "right to reply" opportunity!

A guy I worked with years ago bought an old, French registered Citroen 2CV, which they used in a series called Potters Way, with Arthur Lowe, circa 1980. He lived in Hastings, and they were filming some of the scenes in the Purbecks, close to me, so we hooked up at the 4* hotel where they accommodated him, along with the cast and crew (including the great man himself). Apart from the 4* hotel, inc dinner, they paid him £60/day (three days) for the use of his car, which would probably have bought it three times over. Times have changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom