C209 iPhone Integration Options

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mike Edwards

Car
'05 CLK 320 C209
I'm in the process of buying a 2005 CLK 320 (C209) and wondered what the best options were for hands free calls and also playing music through the Audio 20 CD player?

To complicate matters the car has the MB Phone Kit installed so I could buy the latest BT interface (B6 788 0000) but that wouldn't solve the music problem.

Alternatively I could get a Dension unit to plug in that would take over the phone and music side of things but the car also has a 6 CD Changer fitted so I'm guessing the necessary inputs in to the Audio 20 may already be in use.

My last car with the Audio 20 unit was fitted with a Dension set up that used the CD Changer input so I'm a bit confused as to what would be the best solution to my problems as buying two expensive solutions isn't really an options.

Any bright ideas or suggestions?

An aux input it may already be fitted. If it is it will be in the glovebox a 3.5mm jack. If not you can buy it from Comand Online and fit it.

Fitting guide at www.mercupgrades.com

Had a good chat with the Comand Online guy today who were really helpful.

As the car already has the MB Phone Kit the options were either Mercedes HFP or Viseeo MB-4 to connect to the iPhone.

To play the iPhone music through the stereo the recommended option was the Mercedes NTG2 iPod Kit coupled with the Viseeo Tune2Air Bluetooth adaptor.

Of course if I had an iPhone other than the iPhone 5 I could just plug the phone directly in to the NTG2 but with the iPhone 5 I would need either the Apple Lightning to 30 Pin adaptor or the Tune2Air option.

As the iPhone 5 can connect with two bluetooth devices at once the Tune2Air would provide the most seamless option.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom