C215 p0444 p0141 p0161 replaced all parts, still no change.. ecu issue? please help!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lukas.borecki

Hi all,

I'm wondering can anyone out there advise or help me, long story short, i have cl500 c215(or w215?) and i have EML, scanning results in p0444 p0141 p0161. I have replaced all parts in question, yet errors wont clear. it relates to purge valve and two 02 sensors past cat. Car was parked for last god know how many years (really MOT expired in 2017 and i doubt it was on the road since) has anyone seen anything like it before? maybe someone can advise anything? Please, any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Lukas

Long shot but check the cats are not damaged from the engine shifting with worn engine mounts.
Not unknown to cause issues.

Hi Accused, thank you for your reply, i did have a look down that route but all looks good there, also engine mounts are solid. car is "only" 70k miles..

When my O2 sensor failed it put a stored code that I could not clear using my iCarsoft after changing the sensor. Had to be put on a STAR system to get it to clear.

That is what i am using. C3 Star. i can clear the code, but shortly after start, or sometimes a while after start, they all come back. at this stage i wonder could faulty purge valve have shut o2 sensors? Or do i have ecu/sam issue...

You need someone to interpret the live data from Star then to know what is causing the issue.

Thanks all for checking this post, today i started tracing all repairs done to the car recently and i forgot i have changed front driver SAM and fuses. That had relay switched to M rather than N position (makes sense as it most likely was from a diesel s class..), plus fuse 48 was missing... Most likely i have removed it while tracing shorting... Ive corrected this, and voila no errors, although car idles a bit low at around 600 rpm, i will just try to reset adaptations and hopefully that will sort it.

Thank you all for input, as much as i doubt it, i do hope this will help someone in future...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom