C216 Knocked off off-side side mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Riva811

Car
CL500 Blueefficiency
Hi people seem to love to brush off my car with theirs and leave. Second time having the drive side scratched and also the side mirror knocked off. The mirror can fold and unfold and works correctly for most part, however it feels like its moving in the shell sometimes. The side mirror base plastic has a scratch on the inside which i dont know if its repairable.
Also getting Component M21/2e1 (right outside mirror ambient lamp) has Open circuit on diagnostic.
Just wondering if i should take it appart and re-assemble it and whether i need a new base to keep it in perfect condition :D

I broke one of my door mirrors on the CL on the NS.

Only Mercedes could fit the actual base part as it needs a special tool (the section which links onto the part that pivots).

The case and indicator lense were all quite reasonably priced but the more you replace, the faster the price shoots north and disproportionately so.

I broke one of my door mirrors on the CL on the NS.

Only Mercedes could fit the actual base part as it needs a special tool (the section which links onto the part that pivots).

The case and indicator lense were all quite reasonably priced but the more you replace, the faster the price shoots north and disproportionately so.
Thanks for the heads-up. My dad decided to touch it and ask me how i knocked it off and now it stopped folding in :S
Up on further inspection the base seems to have come out a bit from the door. I am sure a dealer will say we need to diagnose it first :D

Thanks for the heads-up. My dad decided to touch it and ask me how i knocked it off and now it stopped folding in :S
Up on further inspection the base seems to have come out a bit from the door. I am sure a dealer will say we need to diagnose it first :D

I actually found the price for MB to do it was not that much worse than the constituents parts to replace actually and not unreasonable (albeit that is subjective of course).

I think it might have been the photochromic mirror that was stupid money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom