C220 2008 new shape fire HELP.

Discussion in 'New member introductions' started by bouncyboys, Jun 7, 2011.

1. bouncyboys

bouncyboys New Member

Car:
    C220 cdi 2008
    Hi , i own a 2008 C220 bought from MB Dealers 15 months ago with full service history 59K miles.Last week the rear end caught fire whilst parked on the drive. The fire crew came out and put the fire out. they used crow bars to open the boot. They concluded the fire started from an electrical fault around the fuse box / battery area. The car has expired its std 36 months warranty, because i had it serviced at MB dealers in 08/2010 it has had an additional 12month through mobilo life. The insurance company have written it off.

Now for the Questions.
    1, Has anyone experienced this or heard of similar incidents.
    2, can i claim of MB on their product liability
    3, insurance company are offering well below what i paid for it
    any advice would be great . Thanks in advance.

2. A-AvantGarde

A-AvantGarde Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 BMW F06 640d GC, 2007 Volvo XC90 3.2 (no Mercs at the mo!)
    1. Sorry to hear of this, I've not heard of any issues with the W204's.

2. I doubt you will be able to claim anything of MB unless you manage to find other people have had the same issue, that's one of the reasons you have your own insurance.

3. As far as the insurers are concerned, they will offer at close to book value for your car now (not what you paid). Have look at what other cars of a similar age and spec to yours are currently fetching. Don't accept the first offer that your insurer makes, you can negotiate - we've did this recently and managed to get an increased offer of almost £1k on our recently written off ML.

1 person likes this.