C220 (2018) AMG Line Premium - Weird key behaviour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starlight

Car
C220d AMG Premium Line Plus (2018)
In my experience, key fob batteries usually give you some warning they they're about to fail: typically, it might take several attempts to lock the car.

Yesterday, when I briefly parked up in the course of a journey, the display flashed up a message: "Replace key fob batteries". There had been no indication that the battery was on its way out. I assumed that the message was an early warning and I've have time to source a battery (C2032). Not so, When I completed the journey, the key wouldn't lock the car. I tried the spare. The red light on the fob flashed, but still the car wouldn't lock. Then I managed to find a spare battery and fitted that to the "primary" fob. Again, the red light flashed but the car still wouldn't lock. The solution was to start the car - that seemed to "clear" the fault. After switching the engine off the car could be locked.as usual.

So, it's obviously a good idea to keep a spare battery handy. Just puzzling thatthe battery failure didn't prevent the car from starting (it has the push button "keyless go" feature).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom