C220 AMG Sport - Real MPG?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Retepnikrap

Car
C220
Hi, as poster previously I am seriously considering trading my BMW 320d (2012 F30) for a 63 plate C220 AMG Sport. I am currently getting 45.5mpg in the BMW that is averaged over the last 5k miles and is mainly short runs and chasing about. On a long run I can get 60mpg easy, my question is what can I expect to get from the merc? I see conflicting reports and would appreciate real figures from owners of the late model C220.
Thank you

I have a 2011 C220 CDI sport Estate Auto (facelift - so the same as the 63 plate one you're considering), see the link below for actual mpg over 28,000.

Most of my driving is very local and not at all efficient, if I do go on a long run it's comfortably high 50's to low 60's and I've found the car got a little more economical as the mileage increased.

Realistically the difference between 40mpg and 45mpg over 12000 miles is about £200, and the difference between 45mpg and 50mpg is £170. Not vast sums when you consider depreciation.
Its very difficult to compare mpg with others due to differing driving styles and journey types. If you fancy the merc go for it. The emissions may be higher but not massively.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom