C220 Bluetec Sport Premium (2015) - Rogue fuel filler flap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

starlight

Car
C220d AMG Premium Line Plus (2018)
Took delivery of this car a couple of days ago and filled up the tank today.

It took ages to get the fuel filler flap to close. It seemed to shut, then just jumped back out again.

Before I bought the car I read reviews (as you do), and one owner complained about the same thing; but I reckoned it would just be his car. Apparently not so?

Is this a known problem with the W205 and is there a simple fix?

[There's no obvious forum for this thread... so I've picked what seems the closest).

Took delivery of this car a couple of days ago and filled up the tank today.

It took ages to get the fuel filler flap to close. It seemed to shut, then just jumped back out again.

Before I bought the car I read reviews (as you do), and one owner complained about the same thing; but I reckoned it would just be his car. Apparently not so?

Is this a known problem with the W205 and is there a simple fix?

[There's no obvious forum for this thread... so I've picked what seems the closest).
With the earlier 205s there were a few problems with the filler flaps, mostly with misalignment, but I guess a bad misalignment could lead to problems like yours. Can you take it back to the supplier and ask them to fix it?

Ernie

Had a problem with my Dec 2014 C250 (S205). It was difficult to press in to release the catch and looked slightly misaligned.

Got it resolved under warranty - think they changed the whole assembly (except for the actual flap) as afterwards, I noticed they hadn't replaced the tyre information sticker on the bit the flap clips on to. They ordered one in and I stuck it on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom