C220 Cdi 150 or 170hp???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaunm

Hi Guys,

I am looking to buy my first mercedes, currently considering a C220 Cdi of approx 12 months old, I went to see my local main dealer who told me that from a 56 plate onwards the bhp was increased from 150 to 170, but I cant find any documented evidence of this on the mercedes web site.

Can anyone confirm or comment?

Thanks in advance, Shaun.

It was, but you would need to check each car for one 12 months old as that was the break point.

Hi Shaun and welcome to the forum, why not google a few road test for the models that you are interested in, there are many out there, and you can learn much

Thanks for the prompt replies Dieselman & Television. So if it its true why can't I find any documentation, I am looking for performance/economy figures for the 170bhp so I can make comparissons?...

Not sure I understood your reply television!..:confused:

Thanks for the prompt replies Dieselman & Television. So if it its true why can't I find any documentation, I am looking for performance/economy figures for the 170bhp so I can make comparissons?...

Not sure I understood your reply television!..:confused:

Do a search on the web ,road test for the car that you are interested in, then you can compare the old with the new.

Before I buy something new, I read every road test that I can find, they also often tell you what to look out for

the performance should be indentical to the c270 cdi which had 170 bhp, however the fuel economy should be better with the 220, I believe the later 220cdi engines are euro 4 compliant

i doubt very much if youve got a W203 with 170 , didnt that engine only appear in the W204?

as i understand it most c220cdi came with 143bhp and then the sport in late 2005 was uprated to 150bhp and now the new c class (w204) gets the 170bhp as standard across all c220cdi, I have clk 220cdi which is 150bhp hope this helps, my 2p`s worth

Yes I think you will find Fuzzer is right the W203 never had a 170 bhp 4 cyclinder that is the improvement introduced to the W204....I daresay the W203 can be remapped to 170 bhp..

Yes I think you will find Fuzzer is right the W203 never had a 170 bhp 4 cyclinder that is the improvement introduced to the W204....I daresay the W203 can be remapped to 170 bhp..

correct.

Should be nic eto compare an old W203 270cdi vs new W204 220cdi, same power (torque I don't know but probably also the same if I well remember) but different cylinder number:)

Thanks for everyones input, looks like the salesman was giving me duff info as I suspected! I'll go back and use it as a hitting stick when I want to negotiate a deal!

Haven't test driven yet but I am bit concerned that the perf figures (0-62 10.8 sec for the auto) suggest its a bit sluggish. I currently drive a 2.0ivtec auto Accord with very similar performance figures & I really want someting a bit quicker, any comments?, does it feel slow or not?

Thanks for everyones input, looks like the salesman was giving me duff info as I suspected! I'll go back and use it as a hitting stick when I want to negotiate a deal!

Haven't test driven yet but I am bit concerned that the perf figures (0-62 10.8 sec for the auto) suggest its a bit sluggish. I currently drive a 2.0ivtec auto Accord with very similar performance figures & I really want someting a bit quicker, any comments?, does it feel slow or not?

torque makes it feel quicker.

0- 60 .... do you just want to race away from the lights? Or is it overtaking speed you are interested in - if so look at 30 - 50 and 50 - 70 ...better everyday way of judging... IMHO

0- 60 .... do you just want to race away from the lights? Or is it overtaking speed you are interested in - if so look at 30 - 50 and 50 - 70 ...better everyday way of judging... IMHO
My preference would also be, to have the accelleration advantage between 30-50 and 50-70 ...rather than racing off at the lights.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom