C220 CDI 2006 brake light sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nichio123

Car
C220 cdi
Hi,

Was wondering if anyone could tell me where the brake light sensor is on a c220 CDI 2006 coupe. There's an ESP / ABS warning on the dash. Was going to change the switch first (getting diag ran on Wednesday) but can find the location. Looked under the steering wheel and there's nothing around the brake pedal (took casing off).

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Do you mean the brake light switch? The brake light switch is fitted behind the brake pedal - it is a twist and turn to remove and you may need to remove the lower tray below the dash.

You may as well wait until Wednesday before you start poking around looking for an ABS/ESP fault. Get the code up, It will save you loads of time. What were you planning to do when you finally found the brake light switch ? Change it ? By the time you get a new one Wednesday would have come and gone an you might have wasted time and money changing a switch that you have yet to find. The warning you are getting on the dash could be one of many things, you want to hope it is the brake light switch, everything after that can get pretty expensive.

Welcome by the way :thumb:

If it is abs/srs related, especially on an older like OP's 2006, I would be tempted to replace the brake light switch as replacing this has eradicated the abs/srs warning lights on at least 3 of the Mercedes I have owned to date.

The brake light switch is readily available from MB and costs circa £14. and takes about 5 mins to replace including the removal of trim etc.

By the way, I don't remember ever seeing an error code related to the brake light switch! It is just one of those those things that the car gets confused if the double pole brake light switch starts to misbehave the car can throw up all sorts of misleading error codes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom