C220 CDI Evo panorama coupe AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Robag

Car
C220 CDI
Hi all

Just bought my wife a 2006 C220 CDI Evo panorama coupe & I have a question.

Listed amongst the specification list from Mercedes is AMG, nothing else, not pack/kit/ styling.

The wheels are 17" & do NOT have AMG stamped on them, & there are no AMG badges on the car, it also lacks a V8 motor, making do instead with a 4 pot oil burning stove!

I had no idea when purchasing the car that there was any suggestion that the car was anything other than standard.

Did Mercedes ever produce an AMG C220 diesel? How will I tell if this is one?

seems unlikely.

Thanks for any help offered.

Body kit?

Apart from the wheels, the AMG markings on mine are cunningly hidden.
I have to remove the side access panels (fogs) of the front spoiler, and lo, AMG embossed logo and part numbers.

Likewise, it is not an AMG engine but a bog standard E32 (M112.941) V6 motor, but you can have other AMG goodies fitted when ordered.
Whoever initially ordered mine seems to have ticked all the options except the heated seats (or perhaps they did but they're incompatible with the pneumatic orthopaedic air cushions. Personally I would have preferred the cooled/ventilated seats)

Do you have the code? - it will also be on the wartungscheft.

Last edited:
Your car is definitely not an AMG in any way whatsoever

Your car is definitely not an AMG in any way whatsoever

Turns out that the car's full designation includes AMG, more to do with styling than anything else. A cosmetic exercise in marketing, much like BMW M sport badged 1 & 3 series, nothing like a real M series.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom