c220 cdi oil level sensor / sender fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slapper4

hi, i have a c220cdi engine in my 1999 w202 estate auto. reg 'NIL 9462'

Im an experienced mechanic, but this has stumped me.

no-one can tell me the correct MB part number, ive tried factors, ebay, GSF and others, so i am stuck. if i asked mercedes they probably cost too much, and wouldnt tell me the part number?

can anyone tell me how to find it, what it is, FOR SURE?

i get a dash warning of -2litres engine oil, but that is error, the dipstick is fine.

ive deduced it is a faulty sender unit, which is bolted into the sump, so a tricky job jacking, removing spray panel, draining oil, and swapping for a new unit/o-ring.

i dont want a 'best guess' sender in my hand, only to find it wont fit or mis-reads, as that will repeat a messy job, and i cant get a refund on an oily sender.

hope one of you experts can help

I would say that the sender is faulty. Get a new one from Merc dealer. They are inexpensive.

Before you do that it maybe worth getting it plugged in with a Star so the coding of the instrument cluster is correct, so it knows that it has the correct engine and the correct low oil level warning

mb part number

I would say that the sender is faulty. Get a new one from Merc dealer. They are inexpensive.

Before you do that it maybe worth getting it plugged in with a Star so the coding of the instrument cluster is correct, so it knows that it has the correct engine and the correct low oil level warning

you didnt read my post, i want the part number please, not advice

MB part number required for oil level sesor on 1999 c220cdi

that doesnt help me does it!

MB want £80+VAT for a new one but wont tell me part number

GSF and other suppliers cannotr identify which one i need without part number

SO I NEED THE PART NUMBER

my chassis #= WDB 202193 2f 937166 2

must drain the oil and take it off to find out if its stamped on the side, or can one of you MB Gurus tell me what the dealer wont, please dont reply unless you can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom