C220 cdi, starts but won't run

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ody

Car
220cdi
My W203 c220cdi (2000 year) has developed a fault: starts easy, but won't then run for more than about 10 seconds. If when it has started I press the accelerator it does not respond and stops.

I have found this thread

How to change plastic fuel lines on CDI engine - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Where a similar fault is suggested as bring due to the plastic fuel pipes and end fittings with the suggested remedy being to renew them all. I have checked all the fittings & don't see any leaks & so I am a little reluctant to just replace the lot with out some further evidence that they are faulty.

I have noticed that when the engine stops there is a vibration sound from the vacuum pressure converter, part number: A 000 545 04 27. Could this be part of the
problem?

I have also noticed that the diesel supply to the fuel filter on the inlet side to the filter drops back after the engine stops, but ?I think it has always been so.

Is there anything else I can do to try and isolate the problem?

Kind regards,

A friend came and tried most of the things I had tried without success. Then there was a smell of burn and then smoke rose from the electric fan. When this was disconnected, the motor ran with out trouble. This was something I never expected but it was a great relief to have the engine running again.

Kind regards,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom