C220 cdi W203 2002 power lose limp mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

umarnewcastle

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI 2002 W203
C220 cdi W203 2002 power lose limp mode

Hi need help please
I have c220 cdi w203 2002 turbo
Faceing power lose limp mode car rpm stay under 2000 gears changing smooth and normal but no matter how much u put foot no rev
car is getting temp after 5 mint drive up to %80

1- i have clean Air Mass Sensor
2-clean Egr valve
3-new fule filter
4-new air filter
After drive two mints goes in limp mode and temperature goes up then normal stay till 80 after 5-10 mints drive .

Please any advice what else can be issue

any one help
i have put new MAF STIll same issue

when rev car sounds hard breathing and littel smoke coming from driver side door ender floor

and help will be helpfull
thanks

You should check with a code reader, or take it to someone who has STAR , to se what codes it will give.
I would check the cat converters, and make sure they are not blocked. The smoke you get it smells like burned oil or just regular fumes?

i would agree with the above advice, get the codes read - if you have or have access to a decent ready use that by all means to point you in the right direction but the best advice would be to get it on STAR save yourself loads of time and money chasing cheap fixes first

From what you have said it does sound like the CAT`s, if the code comes back as low boost pressure that`s where i would look first

You should check with a code reader, or take it to someone who has STAR , to se what codes it will give.
I would check the cat converters, and make sure they are not blocked. The smoke you get it smells like burned oil or just regular fumes?

hi mate thanks for quick reply
smoke is normal and smells like oil burned after 10-15 mints drive car is geting temp up then normal

feels like car is finding hard to breath

i have check headlamp move up and down as many people say if vicume piple bust then it will not work they that seems working fine

Last edited:
The photo with the turbo is from your car?
Seems quite oily, might be a result of the blocked exhaust, making the turbo work harder. But i stand by my advice...check code and CATs . Good luck. Buy a code reader it will help you a lot.

The photo with the turbo is from your car?
Seems quite oily, might be a result of the blocked exhaust, making the turbo work harder. But i stand by my advice...check code and CATs . Good luck. Buy a code reader it will help you a lot.

yes mate i have clean all oil
can you please point me any code reader for this car will be great help

regards

Autel ms309 or buy bluetooth elm 327 to connect to your smartphone with torque app.
Both helped me with maf and gearbox codes. With the second option you also have live data. Hope it helps.

I think before you touch the CAT you should try and get some codes.

Look at the top boost hose. They often split. Check out my sticky in the engine section.

hi mate i have connect elm 327 and its saying no ecu error code found

car is taking temp to 80% in 5 mint when start with out driving

I would not trust that code reader, you need to read mercedes codes. Geit it onto a machine with mercedes specific software

Hi, did hou try the scan when the car is in limp mode? You need the mil light (check engine) to be on, in order for it to retrieve a code. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom