C220 CDI W203 Low charge pressure - no boost

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

willow986

Car
W203 220 CDI
Hi all

I have an s203 c220 cdi estate that has been a bit of a project car, it only has 44,000 miles. Previously it had been off the road for 3 years and I have finally got it MOTd and running. The only thing is now it seems to go into limp mode under load, usually 3 or 4 gear on motorway(restricted to 3000 rpm). I have scanned this with a usually reliable tool and I get the fault for charge pressure too low P1470.

I have some access to live data but not to fuel trims. I can see the EGR value of over 500 is too high.

The car is an earlier OM611 engine with vacuum cotrolled EGR and turbo wastegate.

So far I have, cleaned the EGR valve. Replaced MAF with a genuine new pier burg and replaced the little vacuum valve that clips onto the coolant reservoir.

So my thoughts are now;

Could this be the MAP sensor (£41 from merc)?
Vacuum leak? (I have sprayed around but don't really know what I'm doing!)
Turbo or more likely the wastegate on the turbo.
Blocked CAT somewhere (is cataclean worth trying?)

Things that could help;

The car does not smoke at all.
It pulls ok if a little sluggish(but Ive never driven it before so could be wrong)
There is some oil in the intake pipe to the EGR but not a lot.
I have taken of the air filter housing to look t the turbo and it has some oil around it that seems to be goo

What would you guys do next?

I know that an indie with STAR is a good idea but its £80 for an hour diagnostic and a wait to get booked in...

Thanks in advance

It's VNT (no wastegate)... have you measured there is no vacuum leaks in control line? Tried to swap EGR and turbo vacuum control boxes?

It's VNT (no wastegate)... have you measured there is no vacuum leaks in control line? Tried to swap EGR and turbo vacuum control boxes?
Hi it definitely has a vacuum controlled waste gate.

How would I go about measuring the vacuum leaks?

TIA

So I have had a quick look at the turbo, the actuator seems to move ok. Upon reading around most people believe a blocked cat would over boost. Its looking more likely to be a leak form a pipe or intercooler I guess.

Maybe I get a professional to do a boost leak test???

Hi, bought myself s203 c220cdi with 290000km on dash. At time of buying it drove well noticed when i give this thing kick down it doesn't kick down and goes untill 3k rpm. I have noticed wiring harness under front sam in direction of headlamp and screen washer is cut right after the extention wire to left headlamp. There is no connection windscreen washer and a/c fan. Left headlamp and fog also doesn't lit. Engine check is on as per delphi diagnose, egr defective. In Sam cable at position m18 is also corroded and burnt.

Suggestion please, shall i at first change sam plus complete wiring harness u till mising joints including thick brown wire plus 3,4 thin brown wires screwewd to body?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom