C220 cdi (W203) Won't rev past 3k in drive.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

xp2500

Car
2002 C class coupe w203
Hi guys....

My car just started to go into its strange limp mode.

In park or neutral I can rev the car at standstill up to red line.

When my MAF sensor became faulty previously I was unable to do this.

Now it is sluggish to accelerate and wont rev past 3k.

Apart from STAR diagnostics does anyone have any advise / suggestions?

How long ago did you change your MAF sensor and did you purchase an original or a cheap version?

STAR is the best way forward tbh

It was a piersburg unit 55 or so...
I changed it when I bought the car in september 2012 and realised it was pretty slow to accelerate.

I know STAR would be the best , but Im just cheap .... I have a friend with x-launch and snap on scan tool that I will use on it later in the week perhaps but its a bit of a journey to get there.

Inlet port shutoff motor or linkage, would be the first guess.

Thanks Dieselman! Good to know that your always about when I need help! I am going to get to googling how to check that out!

Also anyone got an opinion as to why it would Rev to redline in neutral or park ?

Ok! This issue is solved now

I put it on a snap on computer and got the following code :
686ln5.jpg

So after looking this up on auto data it was suggesting an issue with the sensor that is located on the right of the engine going down from the EGR.

When I looked at it I discovered that a wire at the back of the connector was damaged ...

mkdw7.jpg

This is the cause of my low power :wallbash:

9pygxj.jpg

This is where the sensor was

So I went to a scrap yard to try and find the connector but they didn't have any diesel mercedes :(

So instead I pulled out the plastic surround from the wire end of the connector.

Then I separated the grey plastic cover to give access to remove the damaged connector.

After it was removed it was just a case of soldering a new wire in place and splicing it to the loom.

After this was done happy days :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom