C220 Coupe (loan car)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timskemp

MB Enthusiast
Car
W213 E220d
So my car was in for service, and my service manager loaned me this!

C220 CDI coupe, twin turbo, 7 speed, DAB, MapPilot. Quite nicely specced really, drives nice, feels lighter than a saloon and more lively at the rear especially under braking. Economical too (stop start!) and quiet.

Wouldn't want to be sat in the back for long, rear windows do not open, and there's no automated seat belt handover.

Instruments are a big improvement, colour screens are very high res!

P1030700.jpg

P1030701.jpg

P1030704.gif

P1030706.jpg

P1030707.jpg

P1030708.jpg

P1030709.jpg

I thought they looked a little plain/drab until I saw this:

P1030700.jpg

Tim hope you are OK and not ill:dk:

Its showing less than 30MPH on the readout and all them MPGs. Have you seen the light?

Take Care Buddy.

CHEERS

I thought they looked a little plain/drab until I saw this:

Looked very nice out on the driveway, nice to drive and to look at.

Bit expensive for something that slots into the CLC's gap though. Much, much nicer car.

Tim hope you are OK and not ill:dk:

Its showing less than 30MPH on the readout and all them MPGs. Have you seen the light?

Take Care Buddy.

CHEERS

Lol - all them MPGs, not really when you think that's the eco mode stop start blue efficiency model!

I've found that taking photos while driving hard across fields isn't conducive to sharp images...

... hmmm, might take mine for a photoshoot tomorrow, I feel a new sig pic coming on.

Im liking that alot, as i prefer two doors, even more so with a 350 BE engine in it :)

The interior is a big jump up and car wise its a lot nicer than a CLC. They probably could still slot a "CLC" in below this.

Are the coupes cheaper new than the C saloons. You do get less car, less room, seats and space, so it should be cheaper, right....

*** the launch prices are phenomenally high. Much, much more then your saloon (but you already knew that!). Really quite surprised about the pricing strategy for the c coupe.

Timskemp, what a fantastic picture! I quite liked the look of the palladium silver but thatiridium silver looks brilliant.

Timskemp, what a fantastic picture! I quite liked the look of the palladium silver but thatiridium silver looks brilliant.

Thanks - well spotted on the colour (got the datacard here, 775u iridium silver!)

All these metallic / pearlescent colours take some care when photographing to get the effect, would have been even better freshly cleaned!

Hmmm the reviewer claims it’s competitively priced. Don't quite think he's considered the premiums Merc's have on the extras compared to the 'rivals'.
Timskemp don't suppose you'd mind letting us know the mpg's you've got after a bit more driving could you? I really like the look of this one but am a little unsure about the model. Apparently the auto CDI's (220 and 250) both have the same mileage consumption rates. Call me sceptical but surely that isn’t right?

Hi user

It was only mine for a day, service manager's car. Was definitely better on MPG than the 5 speed 220cdi, and 50mpg isn't hard in the blueffiency models.

The 250 and 220 are almost the same engine, both twin turbo 2.1 diesels, economy will be pretty much the same unless you drive the 250 harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom