C220 Coupe - Tips & Tricks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jonnyMercUK

Car
Mercedes C220 CDI AMG SPORT
I picked up my C220 CDI AMG SPORT last month and now after a month of driving just wondering if there is anything I could have missed?

I have the Becker Map Pilot in there, 6 CD Changer & DAB.

Others will tell you it's a heinous crime not to have COMAND, memory seats, heated leather seats, etc but in reality these cars have all the niceties standard

I didn't get the COMMAD because there were no new 125 editions left and I wasn't prepared to pay the extra for the COMMAND. The Becker unit works well and I have a large USB stick in the glove compartment to store all my music.

Your the one driving it what do you think you have missed?

I like heated seats and a sunroof, but what I like other people may not :)

You've missed the fact that it isn't an AMG :)

welcome to the forum

I'm a bit disappointed the SMS doesn't work with iPhone and the album artwork doesn't show when playing music through bluetooth.

Pick my coupe up 2.30 tomorrow.You could do all sorts of stuff on my Audi if you had the right kit to fiddle with the electronics. I only had needle sweep added but other owners did loads of other things. Can you do this on the Coupe ?

Do you mean things like chips? To increase BHP and increase MPG? They are available..not sure if I would put one in.

Hello and welcome to the forum Jonny.

Do you mean things like chips? To increase BHP and increase MPG? They are available..not sure if I would put one in.

No Not interested in that. But by fiddling with the codes you could do things like getting the off side mirror to dip down when reversing .

You can probably do this via STAR , but not yourself unfortunately.

I picked up my C220 CDI AMG SPORT last month and now after a month of driving just wondering if there is anything I could have missed?

I have the Becker Map Pilot in there, 6 CD Changer & DAB.

I got the map pilot and 6 cd changer too. I am disappointed the text feature doesn't work on the iPhone. It works fine on the wife's galaxy s2. It doesn't fade the sound when giving commands which is a bit annoying.
I think command would have nice but I would have been happy without sat Nav tbh. It wasn't on my list of 'must haves'. I did wanted leather heated and panoramic roof which I got as well as the extra power on the 250CDI. I would have loved the memory seats but you have the draw the line somewhere.

I got the map pilot and 6 cd changer too. I am disappointed the text feature doesn't work on the iPhone. It works fine on the wife's galaxy s2. It doesn't fade the sound when giving commands which is a bit annoying.
I think command would have nice but I would have been happy without sat Nav tbh. It wasn't on my list of 'must haves'. I did wanted leather heated and panoramic roof which I got as well as the extra power on the 250CDI. I would have loved the memory seats but you have the draw the line somewhere.

You do have to draw the line! I didn't go for the pan roof as I didn't like it, but each to their own. Also wasn't to keen on the leather when it's freezing cold! I test drove a model with black Liverpool fabric/ARTICO and was really impressed so thats what I opted for. The privacy glass was a must have, looks really smart with white paint.

Do you know if you can have 2 phones connected at the same time. For instance if me and my partner are in the car at the same time we can both receive calls?

No Not interested in that. But by fiddling with the codes you could do things like getting the off side mirror to dip down when reversing .

Sound pretty cool if you can do that! You excited about tomorrow? I was like a little kid, couldn't sleep!

Sound pretty cool if you can do that! You excited about tomorrow? I was like a little kid, couldn't sleep!
Just over an hour to go ! Driving very very carefully in the trade in today! Have about 20 miles diesel in her ( according to trip read out) to get me to York Mercedes !

Not to worry you, a guy from work last month wrote off his trade in car a day before! He was pretty peed off as you can imagine, so be careful!

What group is York Mercedes? I went to Mercedes Doncaster, had a few bad reports from people I know but I was overly impressed with the customer service, not pushy at all and just left me too it. I did leave him hanging for 2 weeks then he came back with an offer I couldn't refuse!!

Hello. Just wanted to chip in as an almost-coupe-owner. My C220cdi has "just left the factory" according to an email from the dealer last night, so not long to wait now. Very excited. And also trying to drive the trade-in very carefully, touch wood.

I couldn't afford much in the way of options - the car's already by far and away the most expensive I've ever bought, gulp - so it's metallic paint (blue), 7G+ auto, Becker MapPilot, and heated windscreen washers. Not bothered by COMAND or heated seats.

Regards
Dave

You do have to draw the line! I didn't go for the pan roof as I didn't like it, but each to their own. Also wasn't to keen on the leather when it's freezing cold! I test drove a model with black Liverpool fabric/ARTICO and was really impressed so thats what I opted for. The privacy glass was a must have, looks really smart with white paint.

Do you know if you can have 2 phones connected at the same time. For instance if me and my partner are in the car at the same time we can both receive calls?

You can set both phones up but it only connects to one at the time. You can switch from one to the other via the control wheel.

Privacy glass looks good but even better with the pan roof as they are exactly the same shade. The combination makes the whole roofline back window look like one piece. I was worried if the panoramic roof would be a problem with my height (6ft2") but I fit perfectly.

I look at the Artico/fabric and it looked pretty nice and perfectly acceptable to me. I just wanted leather as I never had a car with it.

In an ideal world, white with auto box would have been my choice too but I got an amazing deal on the red one. Going for a white one with the auto box would have cost me over 5k more so it was a no brainer for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom