C220 Coupe Vs C250 Coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albertz33

Car
VW Scirocco
Hello Peeps,

I need some advice, im locked in to a company car scheme which is mandatory supplied via Lex Autolease.

I test drove a C250 CDI Coupe and was impressed, however for reasons that are completley unfathomable they have removed it from the scheme, leaving just the C220 CDI coupe left ( which itself dissapears and returns seemingly at random ).

Question is, is there a way to upgrade the C220 Diesel engine to give the 204 BHP of the C250? is it a matter of just a remap? or are the engines different? If they are different are there any remap options out there from reputable companies? and is this advised?

Really Really:wallbash: that the C250 has gone!!

P.S. what is this 'Edition 125' option thats now appeared??

both cars are twin turbo .. so should not be too difficult to 'upgrade'

both cars are twin turbo .. so should not be too difficult to 'upgrade'

Cool! :cool: Next problem is making sure Lex / MB never find out about it! I know from the Scirocco forums that you can remap then put the original map back with a hand held unit before it goes in for any service? Not sure though as im no expert!

You can but the 220 will not be that slow in a C class and with less peak torque it will feel slower, but will ultimately not have such a spike in its power delivery. It may be the sweeter engine

There may be insurance issues with re-mapping a lease car.

Get the C220 and go to DTUK for a plug in tuning box, I have personal experience of this company and their plug and play tuning boxes are great, they are very much like the Brabus kits in that they don't just up fuelling from the common rail they also alter boost from the boost pressure sensor, they have up to 4 maps loaded and each is tweakable for the resultant power output, 'A friend of mine' has one fitted to a E350 CDI and it goes like stink!

Granted probably not as good as some remaps but its 5 minutes to fit or remove for services etc.

I must add I have no affiliation to DTUK, just heard of people having very good experiences dealing with them in the past.

Thanks guys, there are definatley insurance issues with any alteration done to the car, but hopefully they will never know, i will mull it over!

Cool! :cool: Next problem is making sure Lex / MB never find out about it! I know from the Scirocco forums that you can remap then put the original map back with a hand held unit before it goes in for any service? Not sure though as im no expert!
Leaves traces and anyway if you have a crash you will not be insured. Any mod not notified to your insurance company and the policy is null and void. Just not worth the risk.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom