C220 d AMG line edition - anyone ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scooby_Doo

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Macan S
Just to while away the hours during lockdown I like to have a look at the MB new/used website. Well it looks as if somebody in Germany/South Africa kept pressing the wrong buttons .
There now appears to be a glut of C220d's in showrooms , virtually every one is silver , there about 20 in Swansea MB and 40 plus in Weston S Mare MB.
Nationally 400 Silver , 50 Black and 2 or 3 in the other colours.
All the same price list - £11,000 any takers ?

Last edited:
woaw, can you give more infor where to have a look? aurotradr? i am looking to buy a c220d or 250d , my budget is between 10K to 14K depending on milage and year, but i need 2016+ beacuse of ulez as i drive between hertfordshire to london everyday.

Just to while away the hours during lockdown I like to have a look at the MB new/used website. Well it looks as if somebody in Germany/South Africa kept pressing the wrong buttons .
There now appears to be a glut of C220d's in showrooms , virtually every one is silver , there about 20 in Swansea MB and 40 plus in Weston S Mare MB.
Nationally 400 Silver , 50 Black and 2 or 3 in the other colours.
All the same price list - £11,000 any takers ?

I don't think it's a new problem.

Back in 2017 I was looking for ar 3-4 years old C-Class.

The vast majority of late W204 cars were C220 CDI, Sport AMG Line, silver.... while I wanted a petrol car in Executive SE trim (not a fan of 'lowered stiffened sport suspension with low-profile tyres').

I did find my car, eventually (C180 CGI Executive SE in Magnetite Black), but it took some looking. And I had to retrofit the options I wanted it to have (COMAND, and heated front seats).

Blowing out new old-stock before the new model comes out later in the year. £34k isn’t bad for a shiny new C-class.

Probably to do with the fact that the 220D engine won’t be manufactured anymore after this year. There’s £14,000,00 discount on a c220D amg night edition at my local dealer.

C220d is a great car. Fast, economical and handles well.

C220d is a great car. Fast, economical and handles well.

Just handed one back after using it last week. Been a few months since last had a C Class for work.

My thoughts on the journey home were "I could own one of these".

Only real annoyance is the tablet display. And maybe the E offers a bit more rear passenger and luggage space. But the W205 feels really really competent as a package. Solid but not heavy. 9 speed auto is just about as good as the ZF 8 and the 4 pot diesel is as good as a 4 pot diesel can be.

To be fair the BMW 3 Series is very good as well. And a bit more modern. And I think the dash is better. You can't really go wrong with either the 320d or C220d. But as a matter of personal preference I find the latest 3 Series a bit sterile and souless and I'd go with the MB.

I don't normally keep my car for more than three years but being retired and lockdown means it's due it's first MOT next week with 16,000 on the clock. I bought mine pre-reg (50 miles )in April 18 with a big discount and was tempted by the current discounts but the new car is very different from W205.the biggest problem for me is that I'd be giving up 4matic, Pano roof and electric seats as premium plus cars are very rare at the moment.

Had a look at the MB site yesterday. There are some good deals on the 205. The AMG Line Edition is like the old Premium Plus with Pano Roof, Comand etc and and includes the 19 inch wheels, leather, seat memory, Artico dash, and LED adaptive lights. The down side for me is only black interior and only Night Line exterior and no airmatic.

Had a look at the MB site yesterday. There are some good deals on the 205. The AMG Line Edition is like the old Premium Plus with Pano Roof, Comand etc and and includes the 19 inch wheels, leather, seat memory, Artico dash, and LED adaptive lights. The down side for me is only black interior and only Night Line exterior and no airmatic.
There are plenty of AMG Line Edition models for sale but they're NOT Premium Plus , I think there are only 5 P Plus available nationwide and the best deal is a Selenite C300 in Western Super Mare with about £12k discount. It's a bit silly really as there are a few second hand ones for sale @ £40k + compared to a new one at £34K.

There are plenty of AMG Line Edition models for sale but they're NOT Premium Plus , I think there are only 5 P Plus available nationwide and the best deal is a Selenite C300 in Western Super Mare with about £12k discount. It's a bit silly really as there are a few second hand ones for sale @ £40k + compared to a new one at £34K.
Can you please post a link to that C300 for £34k?

There is some really good new car deals to be had from Mercedes at the minute, I pick up my A class saloon amg executive on Wednesday. Got it for £26,000 instead of £34,000. Used demonstrators are selling for £31,000. Madness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom