C220 estate rear number plate fixing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rpp999

Car
C220 est amg 4matic. LR Discovery. BMW1200gs
Hello wise ones, upon fixing my own rear number plate on my new estate car I noticed that the plate supplied by the dealer was somewhat bent / curved. So, I drilled the holes for my new plate and thought to try and alleviate the bend in the plate I stuck a few of those sticky pads in the middle of the plate, but it still does not look flat and it’s going to annoy me. Any ideas. Thanks.

Attachments

• 27D18C50-3B1F-4EBD-80A3-A6DB8A678C7D.jpeg
    27D18C50-3B1F-4EBD-80A3-A6DB8A678C7D.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Hi Rpp999
Did you buy the backplate?
What is the quality like as I have a similar issue?
cheers

Hi Rpp999
Did you buy the backplate?
What is the quality like as I have a similar issue?
cheers
Hi, yes I bought the plate holder, hard to criticise the quality as only £9 including postage for 2.
Does it do the job though, it certainly straightens the plate and it doesn’t look so awkward if you know what I mean.

27D18C50-3B1F-4EBD-80A3-A6DB8A678C7D.jpeg

The four black fixings spoil the look of things .

OK another new plate required but is just sticking on an option ?

View attachment 104164

The four black fixings spoil the look of things .

OK another new plate required but is just sticking on an option ?
The plate holder alleviates the fixings problem and yes a new plate is required, not a lover of sticking on number plates as I have to put road legal ones back on for MOT.

Hi, yes I bought the plate holder, hard to criticise the quality as only £9 including postage for 2.
Does it do the job though, it certainly straightens the plate and it doesn’t look so awkward if you know what I mean.

Thanks. Got mine on order 👍

The plate holder alleviates the fixings problem and yes a new plate is required, not a lover of sticking on number plates as I have to put road legal ones back on for MOT.

This is what you need. I have them on mine, excellent quality as to be expected from Wurth, no need for stickies, no ugly visible fixings, and can swap plates with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom