C220 Loss of Power

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DeeBee

I sincerely hope that someone can shed some light onto my problem.
I have a 2003 C220cdi, 135000 miles, I am the only owner from new. Within the last few days, whilst I was on the motorway, cruising at around 80, I tried to accelerate, and there was absolutely nothing there. This problem has persisted, where the acceleration is virtually nil, on an intermittent basis.
Sometimes it occurs at low speed, in low gears, but the majority of the time it is medium to higher speeds.
I have spoken to my independent, who is going to put it onto the diagnostic machine, and has spoken of a sensor (probably the MAS from what I have read here,) but the other things thrown into the ring are turbo failure, injector problems, cat problems!
Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks a million!

We can guess all day. The Diagnostic check will find the real culprit.;)

Most likely to be the MAF mate...

Hi I have a C200k and had exactly the same problem, turned out to be a split intercooler, so could be the same for yours. As a secondry issue the speed limiter stopped working and when the intercooler was changed the fault cleared.:rock:

Good luck.

I have come across this fault 3 times on my C220Cdi :devil: , the faults were:-

small Split in turbo to intercooler hose - replaced with new modified one

MAP Sensor - replaced

Intercooler burst - the fault was intermittent and just got worse, in the end you could hear the leak, managed to get replacement for half MB price

I am so pleased I have sold it and replaced it with a C250TD :)

Thanks for everyone's positive input.
Car has been on diagnostic, and showed up a fault on air mass sensor, and possibly this has affected the turbo pressure sensor, so for the sake of £20 +, they are going to fit one of those as well.
Picked car up, technician said he had reset everything, so car should run okay until I'm ready to have work done...... It now runs like a bag of spanners! Work being done on Friday, rather than waiting for service in 2-3 weeks.
Anyway, muchos grassiass to everyone for your help!:)

Just to let everyone know. Had the car sorted.
As the majority said, it was the air mass sensor (a mighty relief!)
The turbo pressure sensor was also showing a fault which according to the indy, could have been due to the air mass sensor, but for the insignificant amount of money, he changed it anyway.
Another result was that the aftermarket warranty I have also agreed to pay for the work!
Once again thanks for everyone's help!:)

I had the same Problems about a year ago with c220 for months!!! loss of power no gear change loads of engine back pressure i took it to loads of different garages got ripped off no 1 could diagnose the fault until my neighbour put me on 2 a garage in Bootle Liverpool, great guy diagnosed and fixed it same day very cheap Dave his name is 07419379966 give him a call i only use this garage now and highly recommend anyone to try him rather than get ripped off like i have been would love to list what garages to avoid but unfortunately its against the terms good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom