C220, Seized caliper, replacement option

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc07

Car
C350cdi & C220cdi
Anyone used calipers such as pagid from ecp, or are these just recon mercedes calipers ?
They list pagid for front left and bosch for front right ?

Any idea of the cost from mercedes, they are the bigger ones that came with the sports pack, C220 cdi, W203

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:
AMG brakes all day long.

I believe the ones at EPC are recon brembo that come with the sports pack.
There is another company that do the same for £88 per side - no one has them in stock.

Anyone know the price new from Mercedes ?
My only other option I guess is a piston and seal kit @ just £44 per caliper..and new sliders @ £15

Can someone with EPC check the numbers, are the C Class W203 sports pack brakes the same as the CLK C209 ?

Cheers
Adam

Last edited:
There is no such thing as genuine Mercedes calipers, ate, brembo or bosch, if you cant find the right caliper for your car you could get yours reconditioned, most decent places can do a 24hr turnaround.

There is no such thing as genuine Mercedes calipers, ate, brembo or bosch, if you cant find the right caliper for your car you could get yours reconditioned, most decent places can do a 24hr turnaround.

Not exactly true.

when Mercedes designed the car it knew what spec callipers were needed to meet the design of the whole car with respect to stopping distances etc

Mercedes would then work with their chosen supplier's to come up with a design to meet that spec.

so callipers will be Mercedes specific for any given model.

It is not likely that calliper manufacturers will have designs on the shelf waiting for car designers to come along and choose one of the existing ones.

Car design is always breaking new boundaries and new design components are always needed, hence car designers and parts manufacturers always liaising.

Yes but Mercedes don't make the calipers, like they don't make most of the stuff on there cars, everyone insists on genuine parts when they have there cars serviced, Mann make most filters and Mercedes put it in a nice box and charge more, I could go on.

Let's hope the recon or replacement calipers don't rust as quickly as OE units.

Looks like a rebuild is the way to go then,

Is there a caliper refurb outfit in the SW ?

Cheers
Adam

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom